The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old October 10, 2010, 08:06 PM   #1
nbirnbaum2

Ca doj refuses to respond or process application for guard card/firearm app.

I have a question. I put in for a California guard card and firearm permit through CA BSIS over 5 months ago.FBI cleared and live scan good, CA DOJ has had a hold on my application and stated via US mail and phone they will not talk to an individual and only a gvt agency. I know this is being held up because an ex girlfriend lied and got me arrested on a DV 243e1,in 2006. The court agreed she was lying and I accepted a 415 infraction, disturbing the peace, I admit I was too loud. I have no felony or misdemeanor convictions or pleas to such. Does anyone have any ideas, I am about to be forced to find an attorney to file a writ of mandamus against CA DOJ for failure to respond and violation of 2nd amendment rights. I do have my B.S. in Criminal Justice but this is over my head. I have all court documents but they refuse to accept or speak to me.
Old October 10, 2010, 08:51 PM   #2
roy reali

re:nbirnbaum2

As I have said before, if anyone can figure out California laws and policies they should try out for Jeopardy.
Old October 10, 2010, 09:04 PM   #3
357 Python

I believe your only course of action at this time is a lawyer. Make sure you choose a good one that really knows how the CA system works (almost said cesspool instead of system).
Old October 10, 2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Lawyer up.

Don't act surprised when he starts off by explaining that there is no 2nd Amendment right to get a guard card. You are being deprived of due process in an administrative application, but your RKBA under the 2nd Amendment is NOT being violated.

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; October 11, 2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Corrected tense
Old October 10, 2010, 09:27 PM   #5
Standing Wolf
Member in memoriam

Quote:
(almost said cesspool instead of system)
I'm glad you didn't, 357 Python. There's really no need to defame cesspools by comparing them to the California "justice system," which is a travesty of justice and systematically looting the subjects of what used to be a wonderful state.
Old October 10, 2010, 09:37 PM   #6
nbirnbaum2

i know

Would anyone like to recommend an attorney is San Diego or SoCal? I have talked to my usual attorneys, all 7 of them and apparently this is a very specialized area of the legal system they are unfamiliar with. This state is ******* me off. Even my Secret Service recruiter said this was fine as long as I disclose everything and didn't lie.

Last edited by nbirnbaum2; October 10, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old October 10, 2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

You might try C.D. Michel & Assoc. out of Long Beach.

They offer a free initial consult and if they can't help, they will know who can.

Not to get your hopes up, but it may be as simple as a letter from them. They are quite prestigious and are involved in many of the CA lawsuits I have listed elsewhere.