The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 4, 2000, 08:15 PM   #1
Bob_L

I bought a RamLine new-in-wrap 50 round 10/22 magazine on ebay a few months ago. for the first few loads, it worked more or less okay (a few jams). Then it started jamming more and more (on both loading and firing). Now I can't even load more than 8 or 10 rounds without the magazine hopelessly jamming up (the left and right sides tend to want to pull apart at the seam when loading).

I've also noticed that this magazine went from being very pretty & clear to VERY dirty VERY quickly. Is there any way to clean these magazines?

Is Ram-Line still in business? If so, will they still do warrenty work on their products? Or can I just expect to pay $90 for a magazine that only works for about 300 rounds? *cough*JUNK*cough*

-bob
Old April 4, 2000, 09:34 PM   #2
hksigwalther

$90?!! FOR A RAM-LINE?!!

Me and a friend of mine long ago bought and tried pretty much all of the high cap 10/22 mags out in the market (before the high-cap ban). We got the same results from the Ram-Lines and worse from others (USA and Eagle mags were about the same if not worse than Ram-Lines). Back then they (50 rounders) ran ~$8-10. This is the reason I have aways gone with Butler Creek (Hot Lips, never tried the metal feed lipped ones.). They seem to work 99.99% of the time in my 10/22s. The only cleaning I've done on the BCs is in the feed area. I've heard/read very few people having problems with them.

It's pretty hard to do work on plastic for repairs. More likely the part will be ruined and it would be easier/cheaper/faster to replace than to repair. Of course, they probably couldn't replace hi-cap mags.

Hope you have luck in finding a way to repair that mag. Please research future purchases in forums like TFL. You'll find a ton of important information.

- Ron V.