The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 12, 2002, 01:08 AM   #1
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Sako, Fire, & Pre-Garcia

Does anybody know when Garcia bought all or part of Sako? Or did Garcia have some other business arrangement with Sako? It's been around 30 years, so my memory has faded.

And, when was the fire at the Sako factory? And did that have anything to do with the Sako/Garcia interaction?

Art
Old February 13, 2002, 02:41 PM   #2
BigG

Well, Unca Art, I decided to give you a response even if nobody else will. So fish pole Garcia either bought or owned part of Sako and then there was a fire? Hmm, something smells rotten in Denmark, er, Finland!
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC
Old February 20, 2002, 12:45 AM   #3
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

I vaguely recall that the fire occurred first. That created a money-situation that brought Garcia in. But, like I say, vague.

Art
Old February 20, 2002, 09:30 AM   #4
Bottom Gun

Art,

I bought a new Garcia marked Sako in 1977 if that will help.