The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 5, 2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Because 'Merica

CCW Belt

Looking for a CCW belt for a good price. Dont really want to spend more than my holster in value. (which is an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0) $35. The belts I have been looking at are Desantis Econobelt $25, Hanks Amish CCW Belt $35.
Blackhawk 1.5 Instructor nylon belt $35. The Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt. $35.

If anyone has any experience with these belts or has another reccomendation please speak up. I dont want to go through 2-3 belts to find the right one for me. The gun i will be carrying is a Glock 26 and Glock 19. Would also like for it to be able to support my cz 75 during range time. Thanks.
Old February 5, 2015, 06:28 PM   #2
Microgunner

The one I'm wearing now is a very good belt but breaks your budget limit. It's a Bullbelt.
A good belt is the single most important factor in successful carry.
Don't scrmp.
Old February 5, 2015, 06:33 PM   #3
WVsig

For the $$ it is hard to beat a Wilderness Belt if you don't mind it not being leather. There are going to be no high quality leather belts in your price range. IMHO If it were me I would get a quick ship belt from Beltman. It is more than your budget but will last longer and be a more stable foundation.

Last edited by WVsig; February 9, 2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old February 5, 2015, 07:16 PM   #4
Spats McGee
Staff

I carry a G19 on either an Aker B21 or a DeSantis Econobelt. Very happy with both.
Old February 6, 2015, 04:56 PM   #5
TatendaZim

I use a 5.11 Tactical Double Duty TDU Belt. Reversible color and plastic buckle. Double sided so it is stiff and supports a handgun. It takes a bit to get it really tight, but once tight it does stay secure.
Old February 6, 2015, 05:17 PM   #6
longknife12

As stated by Spatts.....about a month ago, I repaced a Carhart...that I thought was stiff.....with a Aker B21. The difference is night n day! My
IWB is more comfortable.A little over you goal in price
Dan
Old February 7, 2015, 02:16 AM   #7
JimDandy

And not to ask a dumb question, but why do you care if your belt costs more than your holster, the belt might have more raw materials and work involved in it after all.
Old February 7, 2015, 04:17 AM   #8
phwe9774

I just wear my regular, everyday belt. I don't even know what brand it is, got it at JC Penny I think. I honestly don't know what benefit there is to a special carry belt
Old February 7, 2015, 05:38 AM   #9
MRROGERS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phwe9774 View Post
I just wear my regular, everyday belt. I don't even know what brand it is, got it at JC Penny I think. I honestly don't know what benefit there is to a special carry belt
You don't have a gun belt so you don't understand, try one, you'll get it right away. It's night and day difference compared to a regular "keep your pants up" belt for CCW.
Old February 7, 2015, 05:41 AM   #10
phwe9774

Why? My "keep my pants up belt" works fine. If I don't have any problems, why would I buy another belt?
Old February 7, 2015, 06:04 AM   #11
hartcreek

If you are a work with your hands kinda guy then your every day belt is like mine........ inch and a half wide says Craftsman on it cost ten bucks. Has worked just fine for IWB for fifteen years and I sometimes carry a walker IWB.
Old February 7, 2015, 03:34 PM   #12
JimDandy

Quote:
Why? My "keep my pants up belt" works fine. If I don't have any problems, why would I buy another belt?
A bicycle with no seat "works fine" too, but it "works better" after you buy a seat.

If you don't want to spend the money, then don't. I've carried without one(a designed for the purpose gun belt), I've carried with one. It wasn't awful, or even bad, carrying without one. But it sure is nicer carrying with one.
Old February 8, 2015, 11:50 PM   #13
Navistar

Bought an Aker leather B13 from Amazon. Made in USA for $52. Works great
Old February 9, 2015, 09:48 AM   #14
38Mike

I've got a DeSantis econobelt. Picked it up for less than 20 bucks from Midway USA. Good and thick; I like that the buckle is black also ( don't care too much for shiny stuff )
Old February 9, 2015, 10:18 AM   #15
WVsig

For the money the Desantis will be hard to beat if you are ok with bonded leather. Aker belts are also bonded IIRC.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/237...k#ReviewHeader
Old February 16, 2015, 06:27 PM   #16
Tahmail

Take a look at a "Dickies Work Belt" , nothing fancy but 1.5" wide solid leather, 1/8" thick with riveted buckle made to support heavy items on it. Found one for $13 in Ross. Works extremely well.
Old February 16, 2015, 07:19 PM   #17
SVTCobra306

I just use a good stiff work belt, the one I have now has a double pin buckle on it, works like a champ. Occasionally I use an Army "Rigger" belt, they work very well also, I mainly use that when hunting or carrying a revolver on the farm, if I take a leak on a tree or my pickup tire (yeah that happens out here in the sticks, get over it) I can Velcro the open end back so my holster doesn't yank the belt out of the loops.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old February 17, 2015, 05:11 AM   #18
Brotherbadger

I have a Hanks Amish belt. It's amazing.

http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " badger "
Old February 17, 2015, 03:41 PM   #19
Navistar

You would think with all that open space one wouldn't have to pee on his truck. Maybe a primal thing?
Old February 18, 2015, 12:54 PM   #20
droptrd

I use 2 gun belts. I have a galco carry lite (I think?) and a hanks Amish. Both are nice. The hanks is much thicker and harder feeling. The galco is s bit softer and more comfortable.
Old February 18, 2015, 03:53 PM   #21
Grant D

http://www.barsonyholstersandbelts.com/leather-belts/
I have bought some from this place, and am satisfied with the belts, and their prices.
Old February 18, 2015, 06:20 PM   #22
afone1

Quote:
Take a look at a "Dickies Work Belt" , nothing fancy but 1.5" wide solid leather, 1/8" thick with riveted buckle made to support heavy items on it. Found one for $13 in Ross. Works extremely well.
Best idea for a gun belt yet. Good idea Tahmail.
Old February 18, 2015, 09:53 PM   #23
Shadi Khalil

I use a custom leather belt made by a guy called Rick Garcia that I found online. I've used it day in day out for the last few years and it's holding up great. When I carry a large gun OWB, I'll swtich to one of my 5.11 trainer belts. Both work great but the nylon belts are as stiff as you can get, especially with the kydex liners.
Old February 19, 2015, 12:04 PM   #24
revoconcepts

What is your preference, Nylon or Leather? You have both listed in your OP so I would assume you are open to either. Cost should not be an issue when it comes to your belt. The belt you choose is at least as important as your holster selection. Don't look for a bargain belt. SOE Gear or 215 Gear. Best belts I have owned. Both handmade in the USA. Yeah you will pay a little bit of money for them but they are worth it.

Here are the two types of belts I own and use everyday

http://215gearstore.com/ultimateriggersbelt.aspx

http://www.originalsoegear.com/colle...-velcro-lining

I prefer the soft riggers loop of the 215 Gear Belt, Just FYI