The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 07:22 PM   #26
deerslayer79

Coming up on something like that would definately make my blood boil .I would be more than happy and help out that old guy,After I got done openin a large can of whoopass on that [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color],I would probably help the old dude out and let him get a few licks in just for ****s and grins...
Old May 14, 2007, 07:44 PM   #27
Slugthrower

"If you get involved but don't produce your weapon, you risk getting your a$$ beat and having it taken from you (possibly used against you and the old man). I don't' have a problem risking my life to help my fellow man (I have a commendation to prove it), but I am not a fool willing to lay down my life in a futile display of bravado." Lurper

I agree that there is a thin line between bravery and stupidity. Call it bravado if it makes you feel better. The truth is that a man that must always carry a firearm in order to have courage is nothing but a coward. Assuming that we all carry a gun 24/7 makes me think that you are a typical white male that grew up in a middle class family, who never got into a fight a day in his life. That BG couldn't even knock out a 91 year old man a yet you are scared to death take a punch in the face from the BG. The others that are with the BG are smaller than the 5 foot 9 inch assailant they would run like the bitches they are. The fight wouldn't have been futile, except maybe for you. Makes me think that you are more of a coward than a man that would beat on such an elderly man. I only wish you were face to face with me now. I would say it to your face! You would do nothing because you are a sissy. That commendation must have been for helping an old lady across an ultra dangerous street. You are a WUSSY LURPER!!! :barf:

The only reason to carry a gun is to even the odds with the other wusses that carry guns out there.

Some things are worth fighting for. If this get's me kicked from this forum, so be it.

Frankie Seeds.
Old May 14, 2007, 07:57 PM   #28
PTR 91

Slugthrower are you a little guy or a big guy, again it realy doesn't matter in a fight. I agree with you that things can be better handled with fists. Anyone that can just sit there and watch that happen to an old man is wronged in the head.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:06 PM   #29
Slugthrower

PTR I am 5 foot 9 185lbs. Meaner than hell to boot. I am kind and gentle for the most part. But when you take advantage of the elderly or young, the devil will come out in me. I Apologize for the rant.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:14 PM   #30
longtooth50

I am 57 & very bad autharitis. I still would have to get involved w/ something like that when I knew what was taking place. I could not close my eyes or look in a mirror.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:34 PM   #31
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

I fully understand that emotions can run high in a case like this, but this could have been debated without resorting to attacking each other.

Closed, for that very reason.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread