The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 16, 2007, 09:44 PM   #51
slow944

OK I've been following this thread since day one and I have to ask why it took you 2hrs to go out and find out why a dog was barking in your yard??? Did the new neighbor think he could just let his dog run anywhere just because your out in the country?? I grew up in the country and strange dogs coming around the house meant usually that someone had dropped them off because they didn't want them anymore and they were looking for something to eat, and we lost plenty of chickens and ducks to strays. We've had feral dogs that the Sherriff and game wardens both have said to shoot on sight as they were killing livestock. So either the country you live in is different from the country I grew up in or your not really out in the country. Not trying to come down on you but where I live stray or pet dogs on someone else's property get what they deserve.
Old June 18, 2007, 02:00 PM   #52
markj

Quote:
why it took you 2hrs to go out and find out why a dog was barking in your yard???
Simple, I thought it was my dog barking but after that length of time I thought maybe somehting was going on, I had just bathed and put to bed my young son.

On a great new note they have been asked to move and the place is back on the market dogs horses etc all moving. Neighbor to the north of me told me he had a flat, took the tire off found a horse shoe nail in it, now nobody uses these except those folks sooooo. Needless to say we all are glad they are moving, anyone want a 13 acre spread wit hhouse and outbuildings
Old June 18, 2007, 03:11 PM   #53
slow944

Sorry Dude but if one of my dogs was barking for 2hrs I'd have had to go out and either shot the dog or whatever he was barking at. I've got a BS dog that my son brought home and he seldom ever barks, but when he does you had best find out why.