The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old July 26, 2000, 08:38 AM   #1
David Roberson

So this morning I read that leading Democratic Party newsletter, the New York Times, which has two mildly anti-Bush/Cheney articles on the front page, an anti-Cheney "news analysis," and an anti-Cheney editorial. There's also a story about how the Democrats are pleased that Bush chose such a terrible guy as his running mate.

The overall impression this gave me: Darn, these guys are really scared that Bush might win.

Old July 26, 2000, 09:01 AM   #2
CMOS

Agreed. They are concerned. Cheney is well versed in the DC political arena, has foreign policy experience, military (SOD) experience and here's the cherry on the cake - he has a pro-gun record.

Cheney would not have been my chioce but he's still a good one. We could have done much worse.

CMOS

------------------
NRA? Good. Now join the GOA!

The NRA is our shield, the GOA will be our sword.
Old July 26, 2000, 03:51 PM   #3
Mikul

Oh my God! Lon Chaney is running for Vice President. I thought he was dead. Wow, Phantom of the Opera for VP. Imagine that.

Oh, RICHARD Cheney. Which scary movies was he in?