The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 17, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Ace_Breaker

Personal Security Systems Custom Kydex Holsters

Hey all, just wanted to share some information about a great holster company that makes some outstanding gear. Being former USMC infantry and now LEO I searched for top notch gear for my off duty carry. In the past I have posted about my long list of weapons in search for the right CCW handgun. In regards to holsters I've matured to the realization that a quality holster is a must. I'm done with the cheap one size carries all type holster. The company I'm writing about is Personal Security Systems, and no, I don't work for them. I first found the company when I was looking for a quality holster to allow good concealment and smooth speed draws with my Hk P7m8. I've been through many handguns and holsters and am fed up with low quality or expensive "custom" holsters that don't get the job done. You get to the point where you wonder "what was the maker thinking?" There are many factors when choosing quality gear. I was having trouble finding gear that fit my needs. Here is what Steve did for me. He made a custom(for me custom was standard work for PSS) rig that is molded to by body style. The holster has a combat cut allowing for speed drawing but also has a sweat guard to protect from the gun being against my body. I am able to get the perfect grip on the weapon prior to drawing it out of the holster so I don't have to shift the grip later. I opted for the holster to have straight up and down drawing. I received the holster and it is the finest holster I have for my Hk. It retains it perfectly, it's light, and conceals superbly. While dressed I can draw this weapon faster than any other style I've ever used. All of my CCW weapons have this type of holster to allow for consistency. I love the Hk as a CCW weapon, but also have other choices for other situations. Winter is coming so I plan a transition to my Walther P99 in 9mm with the AS trigger. The Walther is my main compact carry option. The leather holster I have for it is newer, but already tired. I practice drawing quite a bit and the leather was collapsing prior to putting the gun back into the holster. I decided that it was time to get in touch with PSS for a new one for the Walther.

What arrived is perfection! It holds securely to my belt and allows for the perfect draw. The edges of the kydex have been smoothed out and the the form is perfect. You can see in the photo that the gun fits precisely into the form. Because I will have winter dress the full sweat guard was not an issue. Since it is removed I can get the perfect grip on the gun prior to draw. You can see from the cut on the back of the holster it allows for the proper grip.

The back of the holster has two kydex loops that are angled perfectly to ride the angle of the belt to allow for maximim control. The bottom of the holster encloses the gun to protect it, but has a slot to allow debris or other material to drop out of the holster in the event it gets stuck in there. This is an outstanding combat holster!

These holsters allow for me to carry concealed at the highest level because they are thin, durable, and practical. I haven't found anything else on the market that I find is it's equal. Simple little options like a combat cut to allow me for more speed in the draw are a must. I've tried many popular holsters that just aren't good enough. When the time comes to get a weapon out you have a second or two to respond and PSS gets me the gear to do just that. I just find that after searching and trying numerous brands and styles that these are the best option for me. No hassles, quality, dependable, and rugged. Sorry for the rambling, I just feel that this gear is so good that it could help others make a good choice without the heartache and letdown I've felt with other equipment.

Last edited by Ace_Breaker; November 18, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old December 7, 2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Ace_Breaker

The more I wear these holsters the more I like them. Anyone else have any experience with them?