The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 25, 2012, 05:19 PM   #1
MrsArmyWife

Buyer beware, online ammo vendor Delmic Enterprises, LLC "dba" Target Sports USA

I recently had a run in with this vendor based out of Farmington, CT. Parent company goes by Delmic Enterprises, LLC "dba" Target Sports USA and/or DiscountAmmoSales.com - currently 9 complains in BBB, going on 10.

I recently placed an order with them, I do admit, they have good prices. But when I received the package, I noticed that the ammo I got was not what I ordered. I called Customer Service and told them about their error. He said that I shouldn't be complaining because I supposedly got a better one. I told him, that's fine and dandy, but my husband specifically requested a particular kind. I continually told him that the order is incorrect. He asked to speak to my husband because I was "ignorant" of the differences. I told him he was in Afghanistan and he can call there if he wants. He was rude, curt, and provided poor service! After yelling at me, he said fine and that he would issue an RMA and refund. I told him I didn't want a refund and all I wanted was an exchange - that simple. He flat out said NO! I asked "why" and unbelievably, he said "Because I don't want to!" WOW!

I understand I am new to all this, but I placed an order based on the instructions my husband gave me. He wanted a particular type/kind and that's what I ordered. Regardless if what they shipped is better, they still provided me the wrong product. Instead of educating me, I was yelled at, insulted, and belittled! I just wanted to share my experience with folks looking to buy ammo online. Buyer Beware! Very military unfriendly and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Please pass it on!
Old September 25, 2012, 09:22 PM   #2
FoghornLeghorn

Sorry for your trouble. I hate jerks.

But your scenario sounds like he's broken the law. You ordered a product I assume the vendor advertised. He delivered something entirely different and then refused to make it right.

I'd contact the ATF and FTC.

Maybe nothing would result but it might be worth a couple of phone calls.
Old September 25, 2012, 09:46 PM   #3
MrsArmyWife

Thank you for the suggestion! I sure will!
Old September 26, 2012, 09:56 AM   #4
foghorn leghorn

hey nice name

glad I thought of it. Im not the only one.
Old December 18, 2012, 03:00 AM   #5
jopair

Same problem

I just experienced the exact same problem. Part of my order was wrong, and after 2 people told me it would be taken care of, a third guy called and said "I am not going to ship things back and forth." I asked to speak to manager but he (probably same person giving other people problems) said that's not going to happen. Also he said that he did not want to sell me anything. There is much more to the conversation than I am writing here, but I have never in my 43 years had such an "anti-customer" service experience, although afterwards he did agree to follow through. I hope it gets resolved without further inconvenience. (Added later) I have received another e-mail that appears to show that I will be getting correct ammo and return label for incorrect item with the refund for the slight difference...

Added not much later; O.k... I did receive refund, correct ammo, and return label.

I have e-mailed them a note thanking them for making it right, though I had to endure an extremely horrible representative to keep the ball rolling...

.. and short of an apology, I will probably not do business with them again even though they do have the best prices I have seen on certain ammo.

I have found many similar complaints online

Last edited by jopair; December 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: ongoing
Old January 10, 2013, 07:37 PM   #6
vaskeet

If you payed with a Credit card dispute the charges in wrighting with your cc company Randy
Old January 30, 2013, 11:00 PM   #7
CoyoteLariat

I have dealt with them once, very recently. I placed an order for two BattleMags(Troy Ind) mid December, and I received them around Jan 20th. Not great, but my order was correct. I think that they could definately improve their communication with customers, and think that if you were treated that way, I would find another place to shop. Sorry for you bad experience.
Old January 31, 2013, 07:18 AM   #8
jeffreyulatan

If i were you, I would demand to talk to the head of the company. Email them constantly until someone fixes your situation. If all else fails sell the ammo you have and purchase the right one.
Old January 31, 2013, 07:57 AM   #9
zincwarrior

Quote:
I recently had a run in with this vendor based out of Farmington, CT. Parent company goes by Delmic Enterprises, LLC "dba" Target Sports USA and/or DiscountAmmoSales.com - currently 9 complains in BBB, going on 10.

I recently placed an order with them, I do admit, they have good prices. But when I received the package, I noticed that the ammo I got was not what I ordered. I called Customer Service and told them about their error. He said that I shouldn't be complaining because I supposedly got a better one. I told him, that's fine and dandy, but my husband specifically requested a particular kind. I continually told him that the order is incorrect. He asked to speak to my husband because I was "ignorant" of the differences. I told him he was in Afghanistan and he can call there if he wants. He was rude, curt, and provided poor service! After yelling at me, he said fine and that he would issue an RMA and refund. I told him I didn't want a refund and all I wanted was an exchange - that simple. He flat out said NO! I asked "why" and unbelievably, he said "Because I don't want to!" WOW!

I understand I am new to all this, but I placed an order based on the instructions my husband gave me. He wanted a particular type/kind and that's what I ordered. Regardless if what they shipped is better, they still provided me the wrong product. Instead of educating me, I was yelled at, insulted, and belittled! I just wanted to share my experience with folks looking to buy ammo online. Buyer Beware! Very military unfriendly and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Please pass it on!
Thats completely unacceptable on a commercial basis. I once had a backorder, where the firm contacted me and asked if I would mind switching (as they were exceedingly out) but never in any business have soeone switch out a product for another and "say it was as good." In legal terms thats called fraud.

I would report them to tbe Better Business Bureau in your area and their location. I'd also do like you did and report them to other websites.
Old February 1, 2013, 11:04 PM   #10
olddav

I hate to say it, but a male voice might correct his attitude. My wife had a similar problem while ordering a camera. Once I was asked to inject myself into the exchange I did and fixed the problem. I'm sure you are a strong and intelligent woman but some men think women are not worthy of their respect.
Hope you get this fixed!
Old February 15, 2013, 09:55 PM   #11
swjslj

Target Sports USA is a SCAM!

I ordered 500 rounds of .223 ammo on 12/21/2013. It was listed as being in stock. It is now 02-15-2013 and I have not received my order. They have also not answered any of my six emails asking for my order status. The DID, however, charge my credit card. They also emailed me a FEDEX tracking number, but when I checked the FEDEX web site, I found the order had never been shipped. Something is wrong here; I think I've been scammed. I'm just trying to save others the aggravation.
Old February 17, 2013, 08:20 PM   #12
SHE3PDOG

I ordered from them last week with no problems as of yet. The order will be here on Wednesday according to the FedEx tracking number they gave me. I will report it on here if I get sent the wrong ammo or something. I'm a little worried about it after reading this thread.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms
Old February 21, 2013, 04:15 PM   #13
dawg01

Horrendous service

I placed an order with this company on 1/14/2013. Item listed in stock and got a receipt confirming the order. They stated they were running 3 to 4 weks behind so I left them alone until today. Called for status. Was told they would not have product for 3 to 4 more weeks. I questioned them about selling a product they did not have and had the nerve to suggest that they send an email if the product was backordered. I was treated to a profanity laced tirade by a man with a middle east or far east accent. He then slammed down the phone. I immediately called back to cancel the order and to find out who this man was. No luck. Oh yeah, he also asked how old I was and when I replied 66, he said I was too old to need these bullets.
Old February 24, 2013, 03:47 PM   #14
gotribe

Thanks for starting this thread. They said last week that it will be shipped this week. I'll give them until Wednesday and then I'll cancel. I should have looked around the web before taking their bait. They obviously can't keep up with the buyers.
Old February 25, 2013, 12:36 PM   #15
SHE3PDOG

I ordered on Feb 10, and the ammo was here on Feb 18. I ordered a case (1000) of .40 s&w. Maybe I just got lucky, but I'll be using them again in the future because that is a pretty quick turn around in these times AND the shipping was free. Hopefully the orders you all placed will get shipped soon, or the company will make it right.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms

Tags
ammo vendor , online ammo vendor