The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 18, 2010, 09:46 PM   #1
bigautomatic

Savage Milano

Anyone own or have actual experience with this O/U? My interest in sporting clays is starting to grow, and I've only shot clays a few times (I'm a lazy bench rest rifle guy at heart). I have handled some very nice guns (a few of the guys at my club have to keep pulling thier pants up cuz money is heavy), but I am honestly not interested enough (yet) to spend big bucks. Some of these guys have well over 10k to 15k in a single shotgun. I'd say $800 to $1300 is about tops for me, really. Again, this will be a beginner gun, and something I won't be afraid to loan to family or close friend if need be. I handled the Milano at Gander Mountain and it seems to be a decent shotgun especially for the little use it will see from me. 1k rounds a year at the most. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by bigautomatic; January 18, 2010 at 09:55 PM.