The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 16, 2011, 06:25 AM   #26
Sport45

Your video must have attracted too much attention. There are much worse out there that don't seem to go away.

On edit: Removed link to other video which may be thought offensive.

Last edited by Sport45; October 16, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old October 16, 2011, 08:36 AM   #27
jrothWA

Was small game hunting yesterday...

came back to car, strolling thru thigh high brush and grass.

Hit the trail to car and stopped for pardner to catch-up, we were talking and
spied something black, mis-shapen thing in green patch of grass.

Approached and the yellow eyes glared back and the ears were on alert, pardner didn't recognize it from the view and it jumped up and walked away.

Asked if he saw a collar on it, Nope, but was in heavy brush.

Had it been just myself that cat would now be a good kitty. [dead]

Cats should be in two areas, inside the house or barn, not fields.
Old October 17, 2011, 11:20 AM   #28
hartlock

My cousin and I had the same problem on our deer lease, except
it wasnt cats, it was dogs from the development next door! We
shot every dog we saw! The guy that owned the lease, said he
shot over 40 dogs a year. He said he thought nearly every dog was
from that development. You pay a bunch of money for a lease,
you dont want some dogs running the deer.
Old October 18, 2011, 04:29 AM   #29
onewing

Interestingly enough I appealed the decision of youtube to delete the video (and suspend my account) and they reinstated it, with 18+ rating, which is good. +1 for common sense.
Old October 18, 2011, 05:52 AM   #30
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

AWESOME!!! I didn't expect that outcome with u-tube!

Brent
Old October 20, 2011, 01:46 PM   #31
freenokia

22lr @ 1250fps...hmm a new factor in my deciding decision of selling my 357 and replacing with 45acp.........................
Old October 22, 2011, 07:23 PM   #32
WWWJD

Reminds me of when I was a teenager. My grandmother's farm (now family farm) had pretty much been over run with cats. All wild as could be; as soon as they decided to start tearing stuff up, granny made the call to my brother and I. Our cousin joined in the fight. Over three nights we probably shot 50 cats. It was insane. The rest of them got the message and bugged out. 20 years later, we still only ever see a few running around here or there. Weapon of choice was my Marlin 60.

NRA Endowment FTW
Old October 23, 2011, 01:52 AM   #33
briandg

I shot a few ferals as a kid. One time I took out 5 black cats in one day. I won't say what I did with them, there is still an ongoing investigation. As an adult, I now have 4 declawed house cats. (trust me, I've taken more than enough flames from the other side, because I had them declawed. I can't win.) One of my cats is a dead ringer for the dead cat, and it was sitting on the arm of my chair as I watched the video. Loving cats like I do makes it kinda tough hearing about or seeing ferals harvested.

Something I've learned over all these years. People who really love cats love all the animals. People who love dogs tend to hate anything else, and when I say hate, I mean hate. If I said things about someone's dogs that are said about my cats, i'd be beaten and tossed in a ditch.

As someone who has owned dogs, but now only goes for the low maintenance house cats, I am so tired of people hating and flaming cats, and feeling totally free to say that my cats all ought to be taken out and gassed, just because they are cats.

All I'm saying here is that I'd really like it if people would just give cats a break. Free range cats are a pain, and need to be dealt with. yep, they need to be trapped or shot. but at least once a month, some pinhead thinks it's just funny as hell to tell me that my pets need to be skinned alive and turned into coat collars and dog food.

If people complained about the video, maybe it's because they're tired of hearing the same crap I do, day after day, from people who hate cats and get a charge out of baiting cat owners.

Thanks for not making a big freakin joke out of it, and keeping it clean.