The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 2, 1998, 01:33 AM   #1
Dan C

Okay folks, let's make life interesting. I want a limited class gun that has an ambi safety, hi cap, and shoots 40 s&w. The catch? It has to be less than $1000 bucks and be reliable. As reliable as the Glocks I already own. I am looking for a 1911 variant here.
Let me know what is out there.

Old November 2, 1998, 03:54 AM   #2
HS

Since I own and run a Para-Ordnance P-16 40 S&W in standard class, I would have to reccomend it ! 16+1 rnds, the ability to change any part of the gun to your grip/shooting style and best of all it works. The LIMITED version comes with a few $100 worth of extras such as an ambi safety, high ride beaver tail grip safety, flat main spring housing, skeletonized hammer, adj. rear sights and dovetailed front sight, full lenght guide rod, lowered ejection port, trigger overtravel stop, match grade barrel, tuned trigger and lastly front cocking serrations. Now if that doesn't fit your requirements I don't know what will !....HS
Old November 2, 1998, 01:57 PM   #3
NAD

Dan C - a Para P-16 or CZ is about it for that price range. Check out the USPSA web page classified ads. You can sometimes find great deals on guns, equipment, etc.