The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 24, 2002, 09:19 AM   #1
Texas Tornado

Holster question for Kahr P-9

I recently got a new Kahr P-9. I have a Thunderwear holster, and really dont like the way the gun feels or looks right there. Lately I have been using a belly band, and positioning the gun on the right side, just in front of my hop bone, with all but the VERY tip of the butt of the gun below the pants line. This to me is more comfortable than the Thunderwear, and IMO is way more concealed. I do wear my shirt un-tucked.

My question: I would rather have a leather holster made for the gun than this piece of elastic. Is there a holster you can recommend that would keep the gun mostly below the top of the pants as I am carrying it now in this belly band? Hopefully something that would not add an undue amount of thickness. One thing I love about this gun is its thinness.

I have a bagmaster holster, but in it, most of the gun is above the pants line, and it is cumbersome and not concealed well at all.

Thanks, guys!! I know if it exists, ya'll will know about it!!
Old April 24, 2002, 02:40 PM   #2
Rosco Benson

Lou Alessi's "Ghost" holster might work for this application. Have a look at www.rfholsters.com

Rosco
Old April 29, 2002, 10:44 AM   #3
bikeguy

carrying can be a real pain in the butt sometimes, can't it?! I've actually had to change my wardrobe some becasue of it.

I carry a P9, but I go the opposite way as far as concealment. I carry mine in an extremely high-ride holster (Black Hills Leather Bikini Belt Slide) on my strong side. The muzzle of the gun protrudes only about 3/4 inch below the bottom of the belt, so most shirts cover it up if untucked. I just can't get used to carrying inside the pants!

Have you looked at the Fist IWB holsters - you can see them at http://www.fist-inc.com/

My website also has several holster links. You can check it out below.

Last edited by bikeguy; April 29, 2002 at 11:37 AM.