The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 2, 2001, 06:53 PM   #1
Herr Walther

Reloading updated pages

Hey Rich, I have noticed since the upgrade that after posting a message and then clicking the "Home" button and then selecting "View New Posts" that the page now has to be reloaded from the browser manually to update.

It didn't used to be like this. The pages used to automatically update upon viewing new posts.

What's up with that?

I also noticed that after voting in a poll, it doesn't automatically show the results anymore.
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
-------------------------------------
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."
Old August 2, 2001, 08:21 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

No idea.
We didn't write it and don't have the luxury of such close exam.
Rich
Old August 2, 2001, 08:48 PM   #3
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

What browser are you using? It's most likely a setting on your end.

I don't approve of political jokes, I've seen too many of them get elected.
Old August 3, 2001, 01:17 AM   #4
Herr Walther

Nothing has changed on my end. IE is what I'm using. I haven't changed browser setting on this machine in forever.

It's just that I noticed after posting on a thread that was a ways down on the list, that it doesn't get bumped to the top anymore without reloading the page.

Maybe it's the "WORM"
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."
Old August 3, 2001, 01:25 AM   #5
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

The only thing I can think of is to check under tools, internet options, settings and make sure it is set to check for newer versions on every visit. I'm not seeing this problem on IE or Netscape from 3 different computers.

I don't approve of political jokes, I've seen too many of them get elected.
Old August 4, 2001, 05:58 AM   #6
Herr Walther

I thought it had stopped there for a second. It has not. It still will not update pages after clicking on "View New Posts" unless the page is reloaded from the browser.
Old August 4, 2001, 11:42 AM   #7
C.R.Sam

That's one of the few problems I DON'T have, usin IE.