The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old July 4, 2001, 12:36 PM   #1
handgunhunting

new group

Why not start a specialty hand gun section of the firing line Ie the contender, Encore, lone eagle xp100. You already have the handgun section broken down to in 3 groups why not another one? These hunting/compatition hand guns don't really fit in the other groups well
Old July 4, 2001, 02:11 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

As I recall when we were discussing how to break up the handgun forum, the subject of single shot hand-rifles came up and it was agreed that they would fit perfectly in the General Handgun forum along with such guns as derringers and any other "specialty" handguns.

Go ahead and post on one of the handguns you're interested in in General Handguns and see if it fits. In truth there hasn't been a lot of discussion that I recall on those types of guns and I don't think it is because there is no specific forum for them.
Old July 5, 2001, 06:10 AM   #3
handgunhunting

Any thing having to do with handguns would fit perfectly in the General Handgun forum." It is a catch 22" Other message boards have them and they seam popular. What would it hurt to try it for a few months and see how it works out?
Old July 5, 2001, 09:57 AM   #4
Rich Lucibella
Staff

It wouldn't "hurt"...but it's a matter of frequency. As Mal said, we don't see a great deal of discussion on these subjects. Absent such demand, we tend not to add Forums on a "test" basis.
Rich
Old July 5, 2001, 12:21 PM   #5
handgunhunting

You have other forums that are low frequency with days or weeks in-between the start of a new trend. Take the following forums
1) AF/CQC: Alternative Force/Close Quarters Combat with 518 trends
2) Full Auto 471 trends
3) The Hunt with 818 trends
4) Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises with 431 trends
5) Competition Shooting with 432 trends
6) Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting with 474 trends
7) Suggestions, Questions and Feedback with 823 trends
8) Software Test Area with only 18 trends
So you are telling me that there is a large demand for the forums listed above? I can see a demand for the ones with over a thousand trends.
If you make a specialty handgun forum and give it a chance you should see an increased demand for it. I am on other forum boards and find the specialty handgun ones to be very active.
Ricky
Old July 6, 2001, 02:28 AM   #6
PreserveFreedom

It's true that those areas may have less threads, but could you really put their contents with anything else? I am glad to see handguns split into general, revolvers, and semi-autos. I remember when it was just one big handgun category. You would log in and have several pages to look through. This way, if you log in at least once per day, you can usually see all on page one of each section.

Old July 6, 2001, 06:09 AM   #7
handgunhunting

most of them could be doubbled up like
Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting & Competition Shooting. the cowboy action is a form of compentition.
black powder can be moves with the hunt or stay where it is if you want to talk about black powder compentition.

AF/CQC & Full Auto & Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises
Software Test Area & Suggestions, Questions and Feedback
Old July 6, 2001, 07:38 AM   #8
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Old July 6, 2001, 08:31 AM   #9
Mal H
Staff

handgunhunting - About your statement:
Quote:
Any thing having to do with handguns would fit perfectly in the General Handgun forum." It is a catch 22"
No one here said anything remotely similar in meaning to your first sentence. And even if we did it wouldn't be a "catch 22". A catch 22 is a situation where you should do A for reason X, but if you do A then B, for reason Y, will happen consequently not allowing you to do A. (Based on my faint memory of reading the real Catch 22 long ago.)

It ain't gonna happen. Let's move on.
Old July 6, 2001, 12:16 PM   #10
handgunhunting

If "It ain't gonna happen ". Then thank you for your valuable time and I am sorry to have wasted so much of it with this worthless suggestion.
Old July 6, 2001, 01:47 PM   #11
Rich Lucibella
Staff

HGH-
It's not a waste of time or a "worthless suggestion". It's simply not something that we're in favor of. Ok? OK? OK?

Seriously...post two or three such threads in General Handgun. If they're not well received, we'll revisit the request. Fair enough?
Rich
Old July 13, 2001, 05:22 PM   #12
handgunhunting

"Seriously...post two or three such threads in General Handgun. If they're not well received, we'll revisit the request. Fair enough?
Rich"

I along with others have posted several trends on this topic , but now a moderates has moved my post to where he/she feels it should be. I requested that he move it back.
How can I prove the point when the trends are getting moved?
Ricky
Old July 13, 2001, 05:26 PM   #13
handgunhunting

I am sorry I have had 2 moved not just the one