The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 6, 2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Jeepman77cj5

Buffalo River Q4220 RSC

Hey y'all.

Posted this same thread at THR couple days ago, didn't seem to find anyone who had any input, so figured I'd give it a shot here. Didn't think there was a need to retype, so I just copied it over. If you read it there, I apologize for the "double post". Somebody out there has to have seen or has this model or brand, I can't be the only one.

Now that my number of firearms are multiplying like bunnies, I am looking for a "safe". Unfortunately I am not in a permanent residence and probably won't be for at least a year, probably 2. Between now and then I'm looking at moving 2 more times. Once out of Reno to the Houston area, and once more into the home I'll spend at least 5 years in. I'm looking for a "safe" that won't be too terribly much of a hassle to move those two times, but I don't want a bottom of the price range model like the $100 Stack-On from Walmart. Nothing against it, just want something little more secure than that.

This is more of something to hold my collection until I move into my own place and I'm looking at spending $4-500 max. I've found a Buffalo River 10 gun model that weighs in around 275 pounds. The store is asking $350 for it. Now I know it's not fire rated, but other than that, does anyone have one or have any knowledge about them that might sway me towards or away from it? I have a link, but it seems to be outdated and lacking on much information. It appears they have changed the catalog numbers since, it's listed on this page as the BRS4220 http://www.buffaloriversafes.com/gold.htm

Eventually, I do plan on a massive, fire rated model of top name brand in the permanent house, and once I get that model I'll use this more for ammo and other non-firearm items, but need something now, mainly for lockable storage when I'm not home. (2 roomies who both know and respect my collection). I've seen others that people have posted about on here and THR, but so far nothing fit what I am looking for one reason or another. (price, weight, unavailability, etc).

Ideas, thoughts, recommendations? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Jeepman77cj5; February 6, 2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: clarification from copying over from THR