The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 4, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1
tommy_y

No love for the Rossi .357 ...

....... by the manufactures of hand gun accessories. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of holsters, etc. made just for this size gun. I have been told it's approx. the same as a S&W J frame but that just isn't enough when it comes to finding a snug fitting holster that isn't too small or too big.

I'm new to the world of hand gun ownership and bought as my very first gun a Rossi .357 ( model 46102 ).
I just can't seem to find a paddle holster that fits it correctly . I've tried a Fobus made for a S&W J but it's too small. Can anyone tell me who makes a good fitting paddle holster or any other accessories for this nice little revolver ?
Old November 4, 2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Colt46

Don't know much about the Rossi frames

Ever thought of doing it yourself? Plenty of youtube videos on how to set up a kydex press. Total investment wouldn't be all that much.
Old November 4, 2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Ryu825

Those are basically Taurus with a diff name stamped on them which is also a copy of a s&w that I can't remember the model # of at the moment. It might be easier to find those names
Old November 4, 2013, 01:22 PM   #4
2afreedom

I would try a leather holster made for a K frame (15, 19, 64, 65 are model numbers if you need them). The 461 is a six shot, so holsters made for the 5 shot J frame will probably not work. Leather is a little more forgiving and can be stretched if you have to by wrapping your pistol in a couple of grocery bags and leaving it in the holster for a few days.
Old November 4, 2013, 05:22 PM   #5
tommy_y

Trying to make a holster myself is out of the question. I already have enough "harry home owner" do-it-yourself things to do just trying maintain 3 vehicles,a home and the RV.
Really..... is it at all possible to buy one that fits so I don't have waste time with a arts and craft project ?
I know you are all trying to be helpful but your just proving my point. I appreciate your suggestions anyway.
Old November 4, 2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Tad_T

Looka here:

http://cowboyneeds.com/holsters_for_rossi_461-2.html
Old November 4, 2013, 07:32 PM   #7
Waspinator

Ebay comes up with some options that specify that model , maybe one of them will work?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Holsters-/17...si+461+holster
Old November 5, 2013, 12:09 AM   #8
Budda

No love for the Rossi .357 ...

Great choice!!! Great gun!
Old November 5, 2013, 01:50 AM   #9
Water-Man

Check out Gould & Goodrich.
Old November 5, 2013, 08:01 AM   #10
Gdawgs

I have the same revolver and I really like it. I bought one of these Simply Rugged pancake holsters for my SP101. It's a slick little holster. Looks like he makes them for the Rossi as well.

http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...152&parent=669
Old November 5, 2013, 08:43 AM   #11
tommy_y

Thanks for all of the help. I have looked at all of the links you folks have provided and see, finally, what I am looking for.
That pancake holster looks nifty but I already have one that I like a lot. I bought a BARSONY from a eBay listing. I like the way it lays really flat. I'm really big and I can put it on the back of my hip and it is well concealed unless you see me from the rear.
What I have been looking for is a easy on/off holster . I think I have found one that I like in that eBay link provided by Waspinator . A paddle holster was what I really wanted but may have to settle for a belt clip holster.
Waspinator, you got a much better search results for eBay that I ever have. I now realize it was because you also included the "461" in your search. That narrowed it down more specifically than just "Rossi .357 revolver " which is what I usually used.
Thanks for you help everyone. Please keep posting your suggestions as I am still looking around.