The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 25, 2008, 07:45 PM   #1
hillbille

remington spartan field report

been on vacation this past week, got bored tuesday and took a new 16ga out squirrell hunt, got a few missed a few, wednsday decided to go back out on the spur of moment, I bought this remington spr 210 for my grandson a few years back and have only shot it to make sure it worked, it is 28ga thought I would give it a try.
got 5 wednsday, 6 thursday, and 5 this morning I love this little gun, the longest shot being 40-45 yards a few were instant kills a few took a second shot, was using 6 shot in first barrell and 5 in the second. I love the fact it only will eject shells if they have been fired, you don't have to bend over to find the unfired shells, also it resets the safety when you break it open, single trigger, with selector for which side shoots first.
I know the 28 ga is a little expensive but when you only shoot a few boxes a year, the fun outweighs the price. Yes the fit is not browning perfect nor is the finish, but for the money it is a great little gun not much kick, but a lot more nockdown than a 410, and a better pattern also. all and all a VERY GOOD suprise for a cheap little double barrell. I would recomend it to any one intrested.

Last edited by hillbille; October 25, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old October 26, 2008, 07:02 PM   #2
BoltWorks

Hi, I bought that same model of shotgun. It is a fun little gun and rests on my wall rack. I agree, don't shoot much 28 gauge so the cost is not a factor. My fit and finish was pretty good for the money too. No way I could get into the high price doubles.