The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 12, 2016, 07:13 PM   #26
Metal god

A few pics

This shows the marks on the cases . AS you can see the marks in the circle are actually at an angle as shown by the green line . The mark goes all the way around but its higher on one side then the other . With the other being right at the extractor groove

Here are the measurements . The .4705 is the one that stuck more

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old June 12, 2016, 11:13 PM   #27
Metal god

So I got to thinking about those marks being at an angle . It made me consider that my heads are out of square so I checked that with a method UN suggested a couple years ago . That is line up 10 or so cases with a straight edge then look down the row and see if any are crooked

Those are the worst cases I've ever seen . All of those are FL sized with only the first two not trimmed . Now wonder they were so cheap

Here's the same test I did a couple years ago . These are not perfect but way better

So then a few months ago I thought I'd try that same method to see how square my Lyman universal trimmer trimmed cases

Not to bad really .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; June 15, 2016 at 01:15 AM.