The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 23, 2005, 03:47 AM   #1
azurefly

Mag Lite to come out with LED flashlights -- long awaited!

Good things coming from Mag Lite?

I emailed them a long time ago, asking if they were going to catch the wave of LED flashlight technology sometime soon. They said, pretty much, "Yeah, eventually."

I finally got an email from them today linking to their site. Click on it to see what they have to say about MagLED lights.

I'm very excited!

-azurefly
Old December 24, 2005, 01:23 PM   #2
HappyGunner

This is good news

Having a "BIG" player in flashlights start making the LED lights will sure drive down the prices of some of the others who have been sticking it to the buying public for a long time.
Old December 24, 2005, 01:27 PM   #3
BryanP

It's about time. Other people are putting out conversion kits that sell quite well. I recently bought a 3-LED replacement head for my 2-AA maglight and it was a well-spent $5.

There's somebody out there selling a replacement head for the big-boy maglights but I haven't seen one in real life.

The one that would truly benefit from it though is their little AAA solitaire model. I'd buy one of those in LED as the biggest flaw with the solitaire is the ridiculously short bulb life.