The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 8, 2006, 03:02 AM   #1
[email protected]

Dillon Square B Deal

Does any know if Dillon offers sales around the holidays, or do their prices stay the same.
Old April 8, 2006, 04:26 AM   #2
caz223

Dillon's catalog prices don't change significantly, except to go up at the beginning of the year.
They may offer different package deals, and introduce a new package with more of what you need and less of what you don't, but the prices on individual items don't really change that much.
Ebay is the place to look for deals.
I just bought a second 550 complete with strong mount, bullet tray, 1 extra toolhead, an extra powder die, a set of dies, and all the normal stuff that comes with it for $370 shipped.
I bet if I was to buy all those pieces new it would be over $500.00
The pictures were kinda vague, but that stuff was all in one picture, so that's the minimum that would be included. There's also the possibility of getting an additional powder measure, toolhead, and powder die with it. This stuff wasn't listed, but neither was the strong mount and bullet tray, and they were in the pictures, too. The vagueness is prolly why nobody else raised the bid further.
It's the new rl550b style with the failsafe rod, so it can't be that old, maybe 3 years at the oldest.
Old April 30, 2006, 11:16 AM   #3
Kelly J

If you are looking for a dillon press at a reduced price try ebay, and don't fear the loaders if anything is not perfect Dillon will make it right as they mean what they say about thier No BS Warrenty. You won't save a great deal but you can save. Just shop and be careful not to get excited, bidding fever will empty your bank.
Old May 1, 2006, 11:36 AM   #4
jcadwell

Consider the 550B. The Square deal uses proprietary dies, so you have to buy Dillons. The 550 uses regular 7/8 dies, so you can use anyones dies. The 550 will also load rifle if you ever get the inkling.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:06 PM   #5
BigJakeJ1s

If you're looking at other progressives, look at the Hornady LNL AP. Dillon 650 features for the price of a 550.

Andy