The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old April 12, 2010, 06:47 AM   #1
madcratebuilder

Swiss Zfk55

Thought I would share some photos of my new to me Zfk55. You don't see these often as only 4150 were made. Based on the K-31 it only shares four parts with the K-31, the cocking piece, the firing pin, the firing pin spring, and the extractor. The ZfK55 is fitted with a 3.5x scope mounted to the left of the receiver, with the mounts being an integral part of the receiver. The action is tilted at an angle to allow for ejecting cartridges to clear the scope. Heavy barrel fitted with a muzzle-brake/flash suppressor. The bi-pod is attached to the bottom of the receiver.

From SRDC

From SRDC

Last edited by madcratebuilder; April 13, 2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old April 12, 2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Webleymkv

Cool. If you don't mind my asking, how much did it set you back. The last one I saw for sale was over $4K if I remember correctly.
Old April 13, 2010, 06:36 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

Just under 3K. I'm lucky the bidding stopped when it did. I think any sniper variant mil-surp rifle well continue to go up in price, and faster than the standard rifles.

Look at the prices on the Lee Enfield No4 (T) rifles now. A complete set-up with transit case is approaching 5K. They made a lot of these and most have seen a good amount of service.