The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 27, 2011, 10:36 PM   #1
kylen

S&W Model 325 Night Guard

I have been thinking about getting myself one of these. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is simply a stock photo courtesy of www.smith-wesson.com

Old February 27, 2011, 11:08 PM   #2
WildBill45

S&W Nightguard, model 325

I did a short Youtube video on this revolver that may answer some of your questions about it, and the loads it shoots, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOUBQT9EJtA

It is a grand carry gun, on the bigger side, but in a fight they don't make them big enough ... trust me!

The 325 design regardless of caliber is wonderful, but add the power and effective .45 ACP, and .45 Auto Rim, and you have a winning combination!

Last edited by WildBill45; February 28, 2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: change link
Old February 27, 2011, 11:25 PM   #3
kylen

WildBill45

I literally just watched a review before reading this. Seems to be the only one on there for this particular model. Not including the Thunder Ranch... also u gave me a bad link.
Old February 28, 2011, 01:49 AM   #4
WildBill45

I corrected the link

This is the correct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOUBQT9EJtA

I copied the link at the top of the page instead of my video link...

I also included a photo I shot of my 325...

Good luck with it if you get one! It shoots very well for a snubby!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S&W 325 & more_1.jpg (182.0 KB, 81 views)
Old February 28, 2011, 08:53 AM   #5
kylen

Okay. Yea that was the one I watched! Good review. Thank you.
Old February 28, 2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Stainz

I wanted a 327NG - but found it was not moonclip ready, so I bought another PC627UDR at the same price. No problem with the 325NG here, it is, of course, moonclip-ready. Subsequently, I bought a 60 Pro, a minor rationale being it's included Tritium Night Sight. The big downer there - the night sights are very dim. I went back to the store - inspected both a 325 & 327 NG - same thing. Block the ambient light and you can 'notice' the minor glow - but you won't see your target then, either. Try to check out the brightness of the Night Guard series' front sight - I was dissappointed.

Stainz
Old February 28, 2011, 11:45 AM   #7
WildBill45

325 sights, a better look...

My 326 night site seems to be good, as I have been shooting with it in the indoor range with the lights out. I also have been practicing clearing houses with it to train a friend or two, and in the dark it works well. I would say it is fairly close to my old Wilson Combat, but cannot say for sure since I sold that one...

I just went out at 1:00 pm to shoot these two photos. I was under an outdoor cover on my back deck, on a dark, dank, wet, and very cloudy day! In everything from sunshine to near dark the white sights stand out from the dark, and after dark they work well! Here you can see how well the front sight stands out, and heavy-duty, cylinder & slide sight is just right for carry duty! It is sculpted with round edges to avoid catching clothing, and will not be knocked out of alignment by dropping the gun in the middle of a gun fight!

I can shoot some after dark, but would be better for you to do on your own to judge how you like the 325 night sights!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S&W 325 sight_1.jpg (170.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg S&W 325 sight_2.jpg (32.4 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by WildBill45; February 28, 2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: add photos... add words

Tags
.45 acp , night guard , revolver , smith & wesson 325