The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 30, 2016, 04:39 PM   #1
surveyor

how do cz kadet kits compare? P-07 vs 75?

How do the kadet kits compare between the models that fit on a P-07 and a 75/85?
My only frame of reference is a kadet kit I have on a 85 combat. That's a keeper for sure.

I understand that the ones for the P-07 won't function the same as the one for the 75/85, as in the complete slide and sights move on that one, vs only a small inner section of the slide moves on the 75/85 kit and the sights don't move.

Mainly concerened about accuracy with the P-07 kit.

If it is anything like the 75/85 I'll be very pleased.
Old October 1, 2016, 12:18 PM   #2
sigarms228

The accuracy and reliability of the CZ 75 Kadet kit is legendary. The P07 as you mention is a different design and similar to what SIG sells for the P226/P229. I would be surprised if the P07 design proves to be as good as the CZ 75 design as far as accuracy and reliability, though it might be decent. The fixed barrel design seem to be the most reliable and accurate. This guy did not have much luck with his and was not very happy with CZs response about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukz5ZMnZwl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFFywjecQEA
Old October 1, 2016, 01:07 PM   #3
surveyor

I saw that,
And also saw this
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=76692.0

And this
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=82134.0

I guess I'll find out if it feeds automatch and cci std when it comes, and see if it will be a decent training tool for the price point.

Last edited by surveyor; October 1, 2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old October 1, 2016, 01:24 PM   #4
sigarms228

Hope it works out for you.

I have a similar conversion kit for my P226 and it works well enough but I don't like the fact that the slide weighs like 8 ounces less than the steel center fire slide. It just feels too weird for me shooting my P226 like that. I want to get a Kadet Kit for my SP01 though.
Old November 10, 2016, 01:39 PM   #5
fotojake

surveyor, let us know how it works out for you, please. I'm interested but a little leery after seeing those YouTube videos.

Thanks
Old November 10, 2016, 05:23 PM   #6
Walt Sherrill

I wouldn't expect the Kadet Kit for the P07 to be much different, in performance, than the kit for the standard (metal-framed) CZs... and that means it's likely to be very accurate.

The basic design/concept is the same for either gun: fixed barrel and upper assembly that doesn't move, a small slide/bolt and extractor that do. The barrel and sights are a fixed unit, and as long as you use the sights, the gun should typically shoot where you point it.

I've had a Kadet Kit (for the metal-framed B models) for years and it's very accurate. Mine was so accurate, in fact, that I later traded away a beautiful stainless long-barreled slab-sided Ruger Target Competiton not long after I got the Kadet KIT (because the Kit was just as accurate) -- and picked up a very nice .45 Witness Sport Long Slide, similar to the more costly current Witness guns, like the Elite or Match... (The owner of the Sport Long Slide had serious arthritis in his hands, and was ready to give up shooting; the Ruger kept him shooting.)

Fitting the Kadet Kit to the frame is a not critical step, as the design isn't really dependent on a tight fit -- and that means that a Kadet Kit can be moved between compatible guns pretty easily without loss of accuracy.

Because I have a P-07 and a lightly-tuned 85 Combat with a Kadet Kit, I'll probably never get one for the P-07.