Old January 21, 2012, 01:45 AM   #26
egor20

HALL,AUSTIN

Quote:
HALL,AUSTIN
There are no rules in a fight
Quote:
egor20
IMHO a "fair" is a place to look at horses, sheep and goats, eat cotton candy and ride the ferris wheel. A fight is a bit different.I prefer fairs myself.
They're s No Fair Fights.

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old January 21, 2012, 07:39 AM   #27
tepin

You have to carefully plan your shots in a disparity of force case because when there is only one left standing, disparity of force no longer exists and it's hand-to-hand.
Old January 21, 2012, 07:59 AM   #28
manta49

The idea of having a handgun or any sort of firearm is stopping someone at a distance or you might as well have a knife. So getting close enough to someone that you can grab one to make an example of him to deter his accomplices is a really bad idea . Rule 1 if possible keep a distance between you and your assailant's.
Old January 21, 2012, 09:18 AM   #29
icedog88

Not me. I'm gonna let em swarm me, then jump on me. Then I'm gonna stand up fast like Arnold does in all his movies and throw em off.
Old January 21, 2012, 09:24 AM   #30
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Instead, you grab the one that is closest to you and make a nice, shining example out of him.

I don't think his friends will continue to show that much alacrity in attacking you when they witness their accomplice being put in a bear hug, then ventilated at point blank range, or had some KaBar surgery performed on his intestines.
Why would I want to first dramatically increase the danger to me by putting myself in closer proximity to a bad guy who can then beat me, stab me, or possibly disarm me, things he could not do when he was further away? If he has a gun, he is more likely to be able to shoot me with less skill required to be successful than if he was further away. You don't need to aim contact shots.

How do I hold him in a bear hug and still manage to draw and fire my gun? Bear hugs require both arms.

If you do manage to shoot the guy while keeping him wrapped up, it would be point blank range or actually inside of point black range. However, anyone you shoot a robbery distances will be at point blank range or less.
Old January 21, 2012, 09:54 AM   #31
khegglie

^^^ All of the above pretty much negates the origional idea that taking on #1 thug first will generally solve the issue.
M.Leake and the guys who were engaged talked of proactive continuede engaging and moving = a fight; not make the punks scurry with a single series of punch/kick elbows to One loudmouth.
Old January 21, 2012, 11:29 AM   #32
Rachen

You all have great points here, and I admit in my original post, I forgot to include the first, and even more important tactic than fighting: While you are fighting, you should be occupied with trying to get away from the danger area ASAP

Yes, being in the middle of a pack of feral hominids is perhaps the worst place to be, especially if they have weapons too. Silver screen badasses want you to believe that the hero can whip down a whole army of assailants, but the screen of real life is anything but silver.

But if you take down an assailant while you are running, you will place some distance between you and the rest, and the rest, perhaps the weaker stomached ones, will give up first.

Imagine the gang in the video chasing the guy at the end. Now imagine the victim choosing this time to produce a knife and neautralize the attacker that is gaining up on him. Attacker will fall, and the rest, catching up to the body, will see their dead or dying friend, will probably be struck by a momentary shock...the "This can't be happening to us" attitude.

THose who choose to continue the pursuit, the victim is still running, and is more than capable of neutralizing another threat if it comes too close to him.

REMEMBER: the elephant and the tiger. The tiger does not bring down an elephant by standing ground and biting, he would be trampled in less than a heartbeat. The tiger is always on the move, striking where he sees is vulnerable.
Old January 21, 2012, 11:45 AM   #33
MrDontPlay

If multiple people treatin you it justifies deadly force IMO. I would produce atleast 1 gun, offer them a chance to change their mind (not a must, I'd just rather not kill someone if I dont have to) and if they do not immediately change their mind they will be shot. One major problem I can see in this situation is your likely to leave someone to talk against you in court, it's unlikely that you can quickly kill 3-5 people with a hand gun, especially with a 380 or a 5 shot revolver.
Old January 21, 2012, 12:01 PM   #34
BlackFeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDontPlay
I would produce atleast 1 gun, offer them a chance to change their mind (not a must, I'd just rather not kill someone if I dont have to) and if they do not immediately change their mind they will be shot.
Assuming you have the chance to do so, of course. Like most animals, humans don't like their prey to know what's about to happen.

[Insert random irrelevant religious quote here]
Old January 21, 2012, 12:35 PM   #35
Frank Ettin
Staff

Can't think of any guaranteed way to deal with multiple attackers. As usual, it all depends on exactly what's happening and how. It will also depend on what skills and abilities you've brought to the situation -- and how good your judgement and luck is. And let's not forget the utility of avoidance and escape.

But in the meantime, I don't think that
Quote:
In the end, turn the snow red.
is very helpful. And
Quote:
One major problem I can see in this situation is your likely to leave someone to talk against you in court,
leaving no witnesses needs to be off the table.

So this seems to have gone as far as it needs to.
Closed Thread