The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 29, 2007, 05:10 PM   #1
KFISHCAT

Butt Stock For Mossy 500

Can anyone recommend a good folding stock for a Mossberg Persuader? I have looked at Midway and Cabelas but they all seem to have mixed reviews. I have no preference over top folding or side folding but I also don't know the pros and cons. Some pics would also be great. Thanks!
Old June 29, 2007, 07:30 PM   #2
Smitty in CT

The ONLY folding stock that I have ever seen that I think could hold up to any kind of use was made by Choate Machine.

They made these for the military a few years ago.

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_pa...5&NewProduct=0

That being said, the only useful purpose, in my mind, for a folding stock is for storage.

Keep the regular stock and become an expert with it, if you need to store the gun smaller take off the barrel....

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -- Gen. George Patton
Old June 29, 2007, 08:55 PM   #3
Desert01

Can't recommend a folding stock. Collapsibles like the Mesa maybe for a Mossberg. I favor the standard stock for now. Talk to me again in the spring though................