The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 12, 2006, 09:55 AM   #1
leadcounsel

Excellent cheap tactical light

I am disappointed in the battery life and battery cost of lithium batteries. My Dorcy spyder lights are bright but the battery life is about 1 hour and drains even when not in use. Batteries are about $2 each, so each eats $4 worth of batteries quickly. They were a good deal at Costco in a 2 pack about 3 years ago though....

NOW, I have found an excellent tactical light that works on inexpensive AAA batteries. The light is made by Coast and is similar to this light on their website: http://www.coastcutlery.com/?v=&pl=76&p=559.

It uses 3 AAA batteries (came with 6 batteries (2 sets) and is extremely bright LED light. 1.25 watt high intensity LED, 24 ct. gold contacts, rear power button for flash or permanent on/off, shock proof, water resistant, ballistic lightweight aluminum, tactical sheath and lanyard included.

BEST of all, it states 50 hours of use on A SINGLE SET OF BATTERIES and uses 70% less energy than incandesent bulb flashlights. 50,000 hours of service from light chips.

All for only $20 at Costco. An unbelievable deal!
Old May 19, 2006, 11:24 PM   #2
joecad

thanks but could

thanks but could you provide the exact model of the one you purchased?
i understand completely what you are talking about with respect to batteries and i have been keeping my ears and eyes open for what you have described.