The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 29, 2012, 09:01 AM   #1
MogrenE

Replacement screws - Euroarms replica Colt 1851 Navy

I have a replica Colt 1851 Navy revolver made by Euroarms that I bought in Germany in the late 1970s. I've been looking for replacement screws for the trigger guard and backstrap.

I ordered five from the Winchester Sutler. They were the wrong size (too large). When I wrote to return them, the Sutler replied that Euroarms starting making that revolver in the 1950s and that their specs changed over time.

Can anyone confirm that?

Dixie Gun Works offers generic replacement screws for 1851 Navies, along with screw sets from Pietta and Umberti. Does anyone know which (if any) of those screws might fit a Euroarms-made revolver?

Can anyone offer another source?
Old August 29, 2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Doc Hoy

I have replaced Euroarms parts with Pietta

I bought the screw set from Cabelas and had success in matching a Euroarms ASP 1860 Colt.

That pistol is from 1988.

I don't have the time to check right now, but I may have some screws that will work for you.
Old August 29, 2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Fingers McGee

S&S Firearms in NY. www.ssfirearms.com
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old August 30, 2012, 12:43 PM   #4
arcticap

I would bring the frame to a well stocked hardware store and see if the correct threading can be determined by trial and error using the screws that they have in stock.
They may even have a screw that matches closely enough to work for the short term.
A small brass washer can be added if necessary.

Last edited by arcticap; August 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old August 31, 2012, 10:20 AM   #5
MogrenE

I'm going to try Fingers' suggestion and see what S&S has to offer. If that doesn't work, I'll try Doc and/or Articap's suggestions.

Thanks, everyone.
Old September 2, 2012, 10:00 AM   #6
MogrenE

S & S Came Through

The screws I ordered from S&S arrived yesterday, and fit just fine. Problem solved. Thanks, everyone.