The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 31, 2015, 09:19 PM   #1826
Wolf Hollow Tactical

Hi from Georgia!

New guy signing in. Name is Jon I live in Carrollton Georgia. I coach our county 3P precision air rifle team and have been involved with coaching kids shooting sports for over 10 years. I also help out with the B.S.A which my son is active in . I was also in scouting when I was young and earned the Eagle rank. I own and operate Wolf Hollow Tactical. I have over 20 years in CNC programing/ operation and fabrication of many different materials. Will be expanding the business from kydex holsters and gear to other shooting, survival, outdoor gear as the company grows. Great forum you have here!
Old February 2, 2015, 12:52 AM   #1827
imagunnut

Awesome forum! Getting back into shooting!

Recently transplanted from Hawaii to Las Vegas. Like many of you on this forum, I lived in a state that absolutely hates guns, the 2nd amendment and pretty much anything rational.
Got back into shooting for ONE reason, because now I CAN! Been lurking for a few weeks now, just absorbing as most of the questions I've had could be found through a quick search. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully meeting some of you in person here in Las Vegas!
Old February 6, 2015, 03:55 PM   #1828
sherlin

New Tennessee Member

Hello all,

This'll be my first post here. I come from a long line of gun enthusiasts and have an enjoyable history with guns. Over the past couple of years I've had to sell all of my pistols (about 12) to survive a divorce. Now that the fog is clearing, it's time to get a pistol that will be with me until the end.

I'm trying to decide what I can get that will make up for losing all those other pistols that I had to sell to survive. I'll have up to $1200 to spend. I've had Glocks, Sigs, Ruger, etc. All of them were great. This will be my one and only pistol for a year or so.

Not sure if I want to go back to Tupperware or if I want to get a 1911. The Desert Eagle 1911C has been calling my name lately and I've had a love affair with Kimber for years. However, Team Plastic (H&K and Glock) have things to bring to the table as well.

Decisions Decisions...

Thanks for stopping by.
Old February 9, 2015, 06:37 PM   #1829
Greg84

New user :)

Hi all

New user from Scotland keen fly fisher and shooter
Started a wee cartridge collection for personal enjoyment and interest
Any help and info welcome, also and doubles or spare cases be great
Also potter about making odd piece
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-c...88479414590897
Greg
Old February 9, 2015, 07:49 PM   #1830
Oldshooter60

Greetings from Iowa

Hello all-

Glad to be a member and look forward to reading and sharing information about all things firearms!

Just started to enjoy shooting and reloading a couple of years ago. I have a variety of guns and shoot them frequently. I'm fortunate to live near a couple of ranges... both indoor and outdoor. Many of my five children (and/or their spouses) also enjoy shooting sports.

I enjoy owning several makes/models and firearms from several manufacturers... Of course I have my favorites and have had difficulties with a few guns now and then... But overall I say "WHAT A FANTASTIC HOBBY" !!

I enjoy the ritual cleaning and enjoy reloading... Watching videos to troubleshoot and learn... And doing research on what should be my next purchase! Of course, my dear wife says I should try to stay cash neutral... So I do part with guns once in a while too!

So hello everyone and thanks for letting me join the fun!
Old February 12, 2015, 03:00 PM   #1831
Inthedark

Hi all,

New to the forums and owning a gun as well. I'm from the lovely state of MA, land of too many gun restrictions lol.
Old February 13, 2015, 04:22 AM   #1832
Blacksun

Hello, this is only the second forum I have ever joined. After reading the forum for awhile and noticed everyone is pretty friendly so I decided to join. I am a private military soldier I work primarily in Africa. I am hopeful to get to know all of you and learn or share what I can.
The moment you stop asking questions and seeking answers. You have fallen in to the 99% who falsely believe they have mastered their craft. Vanity and ego are are the sign of the weak minded and are the killer of great potential. ~ My Dad
Old February 14, 2015, 01:02 AM   #1833
hdaackda

New :)

Hello!!

I am fairly new to this forum (wanted to join an international gun's forum that supports Tapatalk!). Am already part of a couple of local gun forums (I belong to Pakistan )

I used to own a Baikal MP-442 (Makarov), got kidnapped (with the gun) hence lost it...
Now I own a Norinco NP34 (9mm)

Also have an old churchill 7mm rifle (belonged to my grand dad)

-

Have a couple of questions..
How can I "like" a post or "quote" a post when replying... don't seem to have those options here.
Old February 16, 2015, 02:02 PM   #1834
SOC_chief_dave

Howdy folks :)

I already have a short thread going on over in gunsmithing, but I figured I would give myself a short intro here in the GD area. I go by "Dave" or "Chief Dave" and I'm in my late 20s. I have a couple toddlers, both boys. Married about 4 years. I hunt, fish, shoot, work on cars, and currently I am in school to get a degree as a diesel mechanic. I live in central TX. I'm on the edge of the city limits and the suburbs, so I don't shoot at my house. I go to a relative's house to do my gun stuff. (The local sherrifs in my county are very corrupt, I'm not even going to risk attracting their attention.)

Here's what I currently own and shoot...

Winchester M70 Westerner, 30-06; Has a cheap Tasco 3-9x 40mm scope on it that is surprisingly accurate to 300 yards. Currently looking to modernize and upgrade the rifle.

Remington 870 12ga; Youth/compact stock. Bought for my wife.

Marlin 880SS .22LR; Has a broken extractor/magazine latch. Planning to fix in a couple weeks.

H&R break open 12ga; Nothing special.

Star M45 Firestar; Also has a broken extractor. Could use some work. 50 dollars and a re-blue could make it functional and look pretty again.

Glock 30; Has the tritium night sights. Not fond of it. May trade or sell sometime.

Sig P232; Wife's carry gun. I never mess with it so I have little opinion of it. She seems to like it.

Mossberg M590A1; My favorite of everything I own. Ghost ring + front blade (rear adjustable), hi-cap mag, shell holders in stock, nice cordura sling. Always within arm's reach at night!

I plan to purchase/build...

AR-15 (M4 variant); EOTech XPS, VFG, SightMark LoPro green laser, flashlight

M1A Scout Squad; EOTech 512

Marlin 1894C; .357 model with a custom embroidered leather sling for my wife to carry horseback riding

S&W 686; nice sidearm to go with the wife's lever-carbine.

Taurus PT1911B-1; Budget .45, I've heard good things about them. Love how it fits my hand. I find it aesthetically pleasing as well.

Sig P228; Likely to replace both my Firestar and Glock as a carry weapon.
Old February 16, 2015, 07:00 PM   #1835
erwilley64

Hi,

My name is Eric and I am from Pennsylvania. I am a college student age 21 and I have been around firearms my whole life. I have found my niche in old war rifles, especially WWII, which I enjoy shooting and reloading for. I find myself working jobs just for gun money, and as I continue my hobby, I have to look more and more for the not-so-obvious answers to reloading and other gun related issues, which is what brought me here. I look forward to learning what others have to offer and wish everyone the best in our every challenged breed of gun lovers.

-Eric
Old February 19, 2015, 09:48 AM   #1836
macor64

new from Orlando

Howdy all,

New member posting for the first time from Orlando, FL. Just started getting into guns last year and recently obtained my CCP. I will be purchasing some new guns for various purposes (carry/defense/plinking). I've shot, and want to purchase these three guns:

Glock 19 gen 4
Beretta PX4 Storm full (9mm)
Ruger SR22

If scoured over a ton of information and visited just about all the LGS to pester them with questions. Whenever I bring up these 3 guns, many LGS staff want to offer the H&K VP9 as an alternative to the G19 and they almost all want to offer multiple alternatives to the PX4 although they don't really offer reasons why. In addition to shooting the 3 guns, I have friends who own some of these and I hear nothing but praise for them. I don't profess to being well versed at all, in fact....I'm on the forum to get advice from those that are willing to share.

Opinions?
Old February 20, 2015, 09:59 AM   #1837
whiskeysmoke

new guy

I am stopping by to say howdy and a little about me
I am a disable Navy veteran. I live on the coast of Texas. I have been shooting firearms most of my life.
Just purchased my first ar-15 and look forward to learning from this forum.
Old February 21, 2015, 10:14 AM   #1838
willieboy71

I'm reintroducing myself...I joined the forum 2 years ago, work and family life got pretty hectic...I have been hunting, shooting all of my life here in west Texas...learn something new everytime I log on here and glad to be back
Old February 23, 2015, 03:36 PM   #1839
PawB

In for the win

Hi All, Name's Bill, I'm 61 and still working, born and raised in Palisade CO. Left Colorado in '72 for a tour in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club (USN) as an Avionics Tech. Married my Sweet Southern Belle in Memphis TN. in '73. Two grown and married sons, one daughter still at home, two grand kids, one of each. Have been hunting, fishing since I was big enough to hold a rod or rifle. I have hand guns, but mostly into long guns. Here to pick up some superlative wisdom from those who have "been there, done that, got the tee shirt"
Old February 24, 2015, 07:55 PM   #1840
THEWELSHM

Originally from Aberystwyth Wales I live in Brandon Fl avid shooter and reloader

Thewelshm
Old March 1, 2015, 02:29 PM   #1841
MCARBO

Hello TFL!

We're new to this forum; we've been an active part of the rimfire central forum since 2011. My name is Chris Nelson, I'm the Business Development Manager for MCARBO. MCARBO is excited to interact with members on The Firing Line.
Feel free to reach out to us with questions about our products.
Old March 2, 2015, 01:39 PM   #1842
webeable

New to here

I am a long time shooter, gave up for awhile to pursue other things. I am not a young man anymore as I approach my late 50's. I have my CCW so yes I do carry, when not working. Am from Ohio, I live near the site of the National riffle and pistol matches, like a 1/2 mile away. I would list the guns I have but they are nothing more than tools for what I do with them. I will say I built my first 2 ar's earlier this year.
Old March 8, 2015, 10:50 AM   #1843
Mcobb89

Hey, just signed on. Have several questions and just generally like to discuss stuff looking forward to reading posts.
Old March 10, 2015, 05:02 AM   #1844
Marcellus

Loving TFL

Im a new member from south louisiana and i recently had a legendary benchrest shooting champion ( D. Geraci ) build a custom 300 win mag for me. I would like to thank quite a few people on this site for lots of great information that lead me to my decision on this rifle. I just picked it up 2 days ago and cant wait to put some glass on it and some lead down range. Thanks everyone for your prior advice and ill try to post some pics.IMG_8617.jpg IMG_0511.jpg

Last edited by Marcellus; March 10, 2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old March 16, 2015, 03:55 PM   #1845
johnb593

Newbie saying hello

New to this site but it appears to be just what I needed in the way of finding info, etc on collecting and shooting collectible guns. I recently purchased a couple of Yugo M48 Mausers on line. Both appear to be in good shape after I disassembled, cleaned and oiled the "innards". I'll post something in Forums about them shortly. I'm pretty new to collecting guns and really got into it after I bought and rebuilt a MG42/M53. More on it later too. At any rate, hello to all and I look forward to visiting with y'all.
Old March 19, 2015, 09:16 AM   #1846
gw44

Hi from Michigan I am 68 years young I love to hunt-shoot-reload and I have never met a gun I didn't like!!!
Old March 21, 2015, 12:33 PM   #1847
bountybuddy

New member from Michigan

Hi TFL members. I've been firing a match air pistol and decided to get back into firing .22 LR pistols. I'm retired and enjoying every minute of it. I have a wonderful wife and two wonderful children. I have two motorcycles for sale and am in the process of buying a SYM CityCom 300i scooter. I'm happy to say my wife loves riding with me. Years ago my father, brother and I collected black powder rifles. I've always enjoyed shooting. I don't shoot a hand gun real well but I hope to get better through practice. Now I have to decide if I want the Smith & Wesson Model M&P22 or the Browning Buck Mark. I know they are both great guns. Shoot well my friends and always shoot safe.
Old March 22, 2015, 08:35 AM   #1848
stew84

new guy

Im new here, live in the Midwest and know nothing about shooting unless you count shotguns and 22 lrs. Hoping to gain some good info. Thanks, Stew
Old March 22, 2015, 10:58 AM   #1849
Javi

new kid on the block

Hey all,

This here is my first posting ever. On the internet. Just this forum actually.

Yea so I got into guns when I was 10. I didn't actually own one u,til I was 28 but I have always had a appreciation for a well crafted piece. Knifed included. I am here to gain more knowledge and help out where I can. From what I've seen this looks like a cool community who shares a lot of points of view!

I especially like pistols and shotguns. No bias, I love 1911s and I love glocks or revolvers. I just like them each for different reasons. Anyway I will probably learn a lot here hopefully. Wishing all a good hello and smiley faces. I'm an OSHA safety trainer for a big Old Castle company so safety is always on my mind. As well as fun. Peace, cya in the forums!
Old March 28, 2015, 11:19 AM   #1850
Lrl1959

HELLO TFL

I am from North Florida.I am 55 yrs old. I am a handgun certified instructor always looking for better ways to help those in seek of the CCW. I am also a MINISTER, member of GOA, 2nd Amendment association... I enjoy meeting new folks, love listening to the experiences of others and asking those questions. tanks for allowing me to be a part of this fine forum

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent