The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 4, 2012, 10:05 AM   #1
xLPlushy

Questions for GunShow Mods

I have read the rules for the GunShow section and have a few questions.

I have a compound bow that I'd like to trade for a firearm of some sort or maybe some shooting gear, or sell outright.

I'm not exactly sure what firearm I would be interested in trading for, a bolt action rifle, revolver, semi auto pistol...the list of things I'd be open to is huge.

As I read in the rules "tell me what you have" type threads aren't allowed. To avoid violating the rules I'm here to ask if a thread narrowing down trade options would pass violation free....something along the lines of "I'd like to trade my item for 'x' caliber revolver, 'y' type of pistol or 'z' caliber bolt action rifle".

I have never bought a firearm thru an online forum such as TFL but I have done quite a few bow trades/sales/purchases on ArcheryTalk. Sadly AT doesn't allow trades for firearms of any kind, hence why I'm pondering this here.

Mods, please PM me or post here with answers. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Tapatalked via my highly abused iPhone
Old September 4, 2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Your examples for the type of trades desired are fine. You don't have to be overly specific ("I will trade for a Remington 700 in 30-06"), so something like "I would like to trade for a bolt action in 30-06" or "... a 9mm semiauto" is perfectly acceptable.

If you want to look for trades for pistols/revolvers and rifles, you might want to create two separate threads in those two forums.

It's the type of posts that say something like, "I have this Playstation I would like to sell for $400, or I'll trade for something - tell me what you've got" that give us heartburn.
Old September 4, 2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Shane Tuttle
Staff

What Mal said.

And it's greatly appreciated you asking up front regarding your concern instead of shooting from the hip.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old September 5, 2012, 10:11 AM   #4
xLPlushy

So before I post, here's what it will look like-- am I within the rules?

****FS/FT in PA: 2010 Martin ShadowCat

I have for sale a 2010 Martin ShadowCat with Cat 1.5 Cams, 27-30' DL(rotating mod), 60lb draw weight. Can include Sure-Loc Challenger and Extreme Archery scope with .010" pin and ARC Systeme fall-away rest.

Looking to trade for a .357mag or .44mag revolver-preferably S&W, or possibly a semi-auto pistol of some sort. Also interested in a small caliber centerfire bolt-action rifle. Will also sell outright -PM for price.****

Will posting the same in both forums be acceptable?

Old September 5, 2012, 10:25 AM   #5
Mal H
Staff

Yes, that seems to be ok, and you can post it in both forums.

As a caution to other current and future members reading this - this is not a blanket go-ahead for any similar trade posts especially with regard to the "Will also sell outright ..." part. xLPlushy is trading or selling a bow (which would normally go in the Accessories forum) which is used in hunting, a valid forum on TFL. Referencing my previous example of a Playstation, attempting to sell a non-firearm or non-hunting related item is not allowed.
Old September 7, 2012, 07:38 AM   #6
xLPlushy

Thank you Mal. I have posted in both the handgun and rifle forums.