The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 24, 2016, 01:28 AM   #1
IloveUSA

AR-15 shaped shotgun.

Hi guys, sorry if my topic isn't in the right place, but i'm new here and english isn't my native language. (I'm from chile, far far from USA).

Well, i recently bought a UTAS XTR-12, an ar-15 shaped 12ga shotgun and i'd like to know if anyone of you guys have this gun, and if it has compatible parts with the ar-14 or 308ar. I saw a couple of videos saying they has compatible parts, but which ones? Because i would love to put a .308 upper in the receiver of the XTR

any experience with this gun out there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 274124.jpg (26.1 KB, 120 views)
Old July 24, 2016, 10:32 PM   #2
peggysue

Nice looking semi auto XTR-12. Look like they are around $900 and just hit the market. How does it shoot. Do you have to use high brass ammo? Sorry don't know what is compatible with a AR.
Old July 25, 2016, 12:06 PM   #3
T. O'Heir

Has the same cocking handle, magazine release catch, safety switch and hold-open release switch at least. Something tells me putting a .308 barrel on it wouldn't be a good idea though.
Contact these guys.
http://www.utas-usa.com/en
Old July 25, 2016, 06:24 PM   #4
Model12Win

Very cool! I love Chile, by the way. I would love to visit some day, it looks beautiful!
Old July 26, 2016, 02:30 AM   #5
IloveUSA

Thanks buddy, and i love USA, if you come chile someday, send me a PM and we could go for a couple of beers !

Thanks for the info guys. And btw, the shotgun is in transit. I'll put my hand on it in about 15 days from now. Then i wanna make a little review about the gun since there's no real information online.
Old July 26, 2016, 03:35 PM   #6
smee78

Yes that is an interesting shotgun, please do share a review when you get a chance. I have not seen one yet.

Welcome to the forum.