The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 16, 2001, 02:57 PM   #1
faiello5

Graham's Pocket Holster Review

As many of you may know, Michigan recently passed CCW legislation allowing us common folk to carry a concealed handgun. When my mode of dress doesn't allow me to carry my G19, I carry my KelTec P32. I have been carrying it in a Graham's Custom Gun Leather pocket holster. It is the Cookie model and can be seen here http://www.grahamscustomgunleather.b...m/generic.html;$sessionid$HBP13NIAABGHOP5MFMNZPQR53QVSNPX0?pid=1. I paid $25 for the holster and couldn't be happier.

I have been using the holster for a couple of months now and think it is time to post a review here for my fellow TFLers. This is not my first Graham holster and it is also not the first time I have had good things to say about Ron and his holsters. I have one of his beltslide models and one of his IWB models, so my expectations for the Cookie were pretty high going in. To make a long story short, this holster is as outstanding as the other Graham holsters that I have purchased and used.

The Cookie I purchased from Ron was a right handed black model with a leather band reinforced opening. Upon first inspection, I noticed that the leather was a nice even color without any flaws. It was hand-boned with a mini sight track for the front sight (I use the term "sight" very loosely as anyone who owns a P32 knows that the front sight is really just a little bump on top of the front of the slide). The edges were nicely rounded and blended. The stitching was very even and also well done. Overall the finish of the hoslter was excellent.

The fit of the holster was as good as the finish. When I got the holster, I put my P32 in it and turned it upside down. Even with gentle shaking the P32 did not slide out. I next put it in my front pocket and did a few draws and then put it in my back pocket and did a few draws. The gun popped right out and the hoslter stayed in my pocket, where it belonged. As you can see from the picture above, the hoslter has a wing on it. The wing seems to keep the holster in an upright position in both pockets and is used to hold the holster in the pocket when the gun is drawn. With the preliminary tests out of the way, I started using the holster.

The holster is designed for front pocket carry, so that is where I started to carry it. The holster did its job as it kept the gun in a relatively stable position. However, I just could not get used to the gun in my front pocket. I don't know how you guys that carry your .38 snubbies in your front pockets do it. So, I began putting it in my back right pocket and I am much happier with it there. The draw is not as quick for me as out of the front pocket, but it just feels better to me in the back.

My only concern about putting it in the back pocket is that it prints a little. This isn't a problem when I wear it with a suit as the suit pants are a bit looser than jeans and the coat covers the back pocket, but with the jeans on it is a little bit of a problem. .

As is my experience with some of Ron's other holsters, the quality of the materials, fit and finish of the Cookie is top-rate. The only thing better than the product itself is the great customer service Ron provides and the extremely reasonable prices he charges. If you are looking for a pocket holster for your P32, give the Cookie a try, you won't be disappointed.

Regards,
Frank

Old November 16, 2001, 06:04 PM   #2
Rosco Benson

I have one of Ron's "Pocket Cookies" for my Mustang Pocketlite. I concur with Frank's review. The holster is well-designed and excellently made.

Rosco
Old November 17, 2001, 09:21 AM   #3
Morgan

The "Cookie" model is okay, but I much prefer the "Twin Peaks" model, in roughout. Sits better in the pocket, better draw, and works MUCH better for J-frames and Mustangs.

The back pocket holster for the P-32 is nice, too. Ron's 4x belt holster is extremely nice, especially considering the price.

As noted, Ron is a gentleman and a pleasure to do business with.