The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 15, 2014, 08:36 AM   #1
psalm7

.300 AAC

Anyone have data to load .300 Blackout with Unique . I have seen data for other Magnum pistol powder but Unique seems left out of alot of manuals .
I just happened on a good supply of it from a shop's going out of bussiness sale . I use Sierra data and they have very little data so any favorite loads would be helpful . I know it is not popular with some to ask for reloading data on a forum but I have been loading for years and will research any before loading but with few retailers carrying reload supplys here and online orders can be hit or miss with instock I would like more powders to choose from .
Old August 15, 2014, 02:40 PM   #2
oldpapps

psalm7,

If you are feeding something with a fixed breach, I see no reason why Unique couldn't be used for sub-sonic loads.
Try looking for data for the 300 Whisper.

If you are feeding an AR/M4 type, the gas volume isn't going to be there to function the weapon's action with unique.

The powders normally run in the same range as full Magnum pistol powders to smaller/lighter rifle powders. This range is some what vague and open ended, sorry. I have used H110/296, Olin 630, Lt'Gun and 2400. Others are using powder in the same range.

The Blackout is split between sonic and sub-sonic and not all that many powders work well on both ends of the spectrum.

If run in a bolt action or falling block or tip down action and the operation of an action isn't involved, many powders could be put to use.

Enjoy,

OSOK
Old August 15, 2014, 05:07 PM   #3
psalm7

Rem 700 sps . Got a great deal on the unique , can also use it in .357 mag . Just looking for advise on loading the Blackout and bigger choise in powder .
Old August 15, 2014, 05:52 PM   #4
oldpapps

Are you planning on super-sonics or sub-sonics?

I still think the data for the Whisper would be your best bet to find a starting point.

Good luck in your search and enjoy,

OSOK