The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old October 22, 2012, 03:36 PM   #101
zombietactics

You seem like a nice guy, Roy ... please, stop digging. You're just making the hole deeper.
Old October 22, 2012, 04:54 PM   #102
rodeo roy

I don't understand what does what I seem like have to do with anything. Nor do I understand what you mean when you say I'm digging.

I am just trying to present an idea that really everyone here should know, not everything works for everyone.

Just for presenting that, I have been called arrogant, close minded, prideful, poor etc.

Not everyone comes at this at the same level, or have the same at stake. I will likely never be called on to defend your life or for that matter anyones even my family or mine, so tactics I want to use should not matter to you. My point was I thought the techinque in question had little value for me in sd.
That statment brings about such disdain from many that have taught, used in an attack, or to win competitions.

Since when did persons in disagreement with an idea, or method have to deal with name calling and being singled out in this manner. Oh I forgot this is America and we are on the web.

I have not used the method to shoot at anything but a target, others may have used it to take down a bad guy or win prizes, but how do they know something else would not have worked, and in a sd case I have know idea what would work or not, but for shooting targets, it was less effective for ME, that's it. So if I can't hit the target when not in a sd why would I try to draw and fire that way when my life was on the line.
Old October 22, 2012, 07:07 PM   #103
raimius

Well, the whole thread was started by a claim that the most commonly taught draw stroke was too slow and might get people killed (odd, since it is regarded as "combat effective" and is regularly used by those who win gun-games based on quick accuracy).

It's not surprising that methods that have proven quick and effective are defended by those who learned, used, and taught them...especially when the person calling them sub-par seems to be about 20 years behind what is being taught at almost all academies and shooting schools.
Old October 22, 2012, 07:08 PM   #104
zombietactics

Quote:
... I am just trying to present an idea that really everyone here should know, not everything works for everyone.

Just for presenting that, I have been called arrogant, close minded, prideful, poor etc.
If you really believe that, plus the rest of your "oooh everyone's picking on me just 'cuz I have a different idea" nonsense, then you haven't been paying attention. I haven't the patience left to explain it to you.

Last edited by zombietactics; October 22, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old October 22, 2012, 07:40 PM   #105
pax

Annnnnd ... this one's done.

pax
Closed Thread