The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 13, 2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Sure Shot Mc Gee

The other part of 2013s hunt

[IMG][/IMG]

I thought we all could stand a pick-me-up pix of another's luck last year. (2013) Especially after those of late 2-snow storms that will surely delay my fishing seasons opener.

This little spike was taken opening day-- opening morning by my son.
Just before his morning stroll out to his stand in the early morning darkness. 15 minuets away from our cabin. We over a cup of morning joe discussed our plans for the day before his leaving. Little did either of us think 15 minuets after the son's departure we would dedicate our entire day to this animals butchering and packaging. Son harvested his deer as he was walking quietly & carefully on the path to his stand. Take notice where the bullet enter and exited. Gotta love those 243s for close in shots with: Big Daddy's Handy Handloads. Although I will give the young man credit for their aim._

BTW: Sorry for the well used piece of cardboard on the floor. Happy to say: No meat has ever come in contact with it. But many heads have.
Old February 13, 2014, 08:16 PM   #2
shortwave

Looks like a perfect eater to me.

Know you/son will enjoy.

Congrats!

Quote:
Gotta love those 243s for close in shots with: Big Daddy's Handy Handloads. Although I will give the young man credit for their aim._
I think you are giving him way to much credit on the 'aiming part'. You MUST tell him that without your hand loads, he would have shot the deers antlers off.

Last edited by shortwave; February 13, 2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old February 13, 2014, 10:48 PM   #3
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Shortwave this one the son took every bit of its meat home to his family. Occasionally we all have to show our better halves what it is we chase out there. Even if it arrives in coolers.

QUOTE]You MUST tell him that without your hand loads, he would have shot the deers antlers off. [/QUOTE]
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree Ol' timer. He's a good shot. Like us old gents he doesn't get excited when something shoot-able comes into view. (wait's for his chance) Lots of experience that kid has had when it comes to acquired shooting & hunting skills.
Old February 14, 2014, 11:42 AM   #4
shortwave

Quote:
He's a good shot. Like us old gents he doesn't get excited when something shoot-able comes into view. (wait's for his chance) Lots of experience that kid has had when it comes to acquired shooting & hunting skills
Don't doubt that a bit. And although he and you knows better, I'd still be ribbing him telling him that it was my special 'miracle load' that enabled him to shoot that good.