The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 14, 2013, 09:47 PM   #1
bigminnow

Sling adapter question 870 to Magpul SGA

I had an Uncle Mike's sling on my shotgun until I put a Magpul SGA stock on it. The SGA stock does not have a swivel hold to attach the sling. Instead, it has a slot to thread the sling.

Will I have to replace my sling or is there an adapter that will thread through that has a hole in it to attach Uncle Mike's sling. I guess I can "rig" it in the meantime until I find an adapter or new sling....I don't even know what you'd call an adapter like that to do a search.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old January 16, 2013, 06:26 PM   #2
blfuller

There are adapters that you can install a socket that accept a QD swivel. Noveske and another company makes them. If the stock is hollow you can remove the buttplate and drill a hole in the stock where ever you want and install the adapter. There are also others that you drill a hole and epoxy into place. There are other adapters made by Harris that you can mount swivel studs as well. Check out www.brownells.com
Old January 17, 2013, 09:19 PM   #3
bigminnow

Thanks for the info blfuller,

Magpul makes a QD socket for the stock so I got one to mount in the stock. I was hoping to find a sling with a QD at one end and Uncle Mike type attachment at the other end...but couldn't so I just got a QD 1" sling ring that I will see if the Uncle Mike will attach to. Kinda clunky but it will work for now.