The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old March 31, 2005, 12:16 PM   #1
npcolin

Anyone have the same problems I had?

Don't be mistaken by the title, I had been reading the SWAT magazine for years and years and I love it. But it is just recently I had decided to get a subscription because the new city I moved to has only one store that carries it and they go fast. However, one thing that I am not so please with is that my magazine comes in a few weeks later than the release date (sometimes even more than a month) and they come in bad shape (like someone had already read it 200 times or something). Given that I live in Canada and it IS a little far, I don't mind too much about the late issue. But I just hope my magazines came wrapped in a plastic bag or someting. You know, what's important is the contant but I also treasure the magazine themselves. Just a thought.
npcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2005, 08:35 AM   #2
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

NP,

Sorry to hear your S.W.A.T. magazines are shopworn before you even receive them! Not cool!

Rich and Denny are down here in South Texas hunting with some friends. I don’t know if they’ll have access to the Internet before Sunday or Monday so it may be a couple days before they can address your problem. One or the other will be in touch as soon as they hook up with electricity again.

Is there any similar damage done to your other mail or has S.W.A.T. been singled out?
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2005, 01:37 PM   #3
npcolin

I have a subscription from an auto magazine which come in good shape yet not cover/bagged in any way. However, it is publish in Canada (closer to where I am). On the other hand, I care less about the automobile magazine than a magazine with infos that can save my life. SWAT is the ONLY firearm magazine I subscrib to and it turns out this way. I really hope they can bagged/enveloped them for those of us who live a little further. But then cost will become an issue isn't it? You just can't win every battle can't you.
npcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2005, 05:01 PM   #4
USP45usp

np,

Sounds like the entire Canadian post office reads it before you do .

And I fully understand your point about wanting the magazine in great shape because I keep them also. I've gotten a few of those magazine binders that I will be putting mine in when my Subscribtion starts .

Wayne
USP45usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2005, 12:52 PM   #5
Jeff Randall

It seems like some postal areas seem to have a bigger problem with magazines getting trashed than others do. But if you notice, all the junk mail NEVER has a rip or tear in it.
Old April 3, 2005, 02:52 PM   #6
Rich Lucibella
Staff

What Jeff said.

USPS's rep flor magazine handling gets worse by the year. Delays and torn issues are a major industry problem. Polybagging SWAT is in our future, but it requires more subscribers to make it cost effective...we're getting there!
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2005, 07:27 PM   #7
KSFreeman

No, but I got a subscription for my letter carrier.

I see him at the range every now and then (yes, I do live in "LeaveittoBeaver" land, why do you ask?).