The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 10, 2006, 02:18 PM   #1
johns 66

Gun value for nylon 66 (Apache Black)

I've had my nylon 66 for about 30 years and thanks to Harleys institute for firearms I've been able to clean it properly and continue to enjoy it. On Ebay there is an auction for just the stock in Apache Black and so far it is up to $255, just wondering how much the whole gun is worth? Bought mine for $25 dollars from a friend of my fathers in 1976 with allowance money.
Old December 15, 2006, 11:46 PM   #2
DannyAbear

At the last couple of gun shows here in baton rouge i saw 2 new ones in the box and the dealer was asking 400.00 each for them; Someone else had a couple of them also, very nice condition, but used, no box or papers, was asking 250.00. I'm told that the black ones with a black diamond on the forearm are worth more.
Old December 16, 2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Rimrod

What? I had the Apache Black and had to sell it due to divorce. I only paid $20 for it used. Great gun by the way, but for $400 I wouldn't replace it.