The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 20, 2000, 07:18 PM   #1
Alex Johnson

I recently acquired a Remington Model 11 and am reworking it for a project, the old stock had been severely shortened and is in pretty rough shape as is the forearm. I would like to find a set of pre-carved stocks for it to save time as I don't really feel like taking the time to build one from a blank for this gun. Does anyone know if Fajen has stocks for the model 11?
Old July 20, 2000, 08:58 PM   #2
Bud Helms

Alex,

Don't know about Fajen, but I got a beautiful stock and forearm for a Model 11 from Gun Parts Corp a few years back.
Old July 20, 2000, 09:28 PM   #3
BBBBill

Alas, Fajen is no more. They, along with Bishop, were purchased by the owner of Midway with an eye toward turning them around from their unprofitable status. He folded Bishop into Fajen & tried to get them recocked, but finally determined that he was throwing good money after bad.
The best source for that class of wood at this time is most likely Boyds. Look them up at www.boydboys.com
Gun Parts is also carrying their line.