The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 2, 2009, 10:27 AM   #1
War_Eagle

IWB Holster for S&W Model 19 snubby

Looking for people that carry a model 19 S&W snubby, and use an IWB holster. Opinions on concealment, comfort, quality, and serviceability. Please post any photo's and links if possible. Thanks
Old November 2, 2009, 07:20 PM   #2
AK103K

I havent tried one of these yet, but I keep threatening to.

Looks like it would be the most comfortable and concealble way to carry a revolver IWB.

http://www.hoffners.com/min4a.jpg

Old November 4, 2009, 04:55 PM   #3
j frame

I use a Bianchi Pistol Pocket for mine. It has a thumb break, which some like, some don't. I don't see where it is a handicap for me. Pretty comfortable, at least as comfortable as a k frame revolver can be IWB.
Old November 4, 2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Rosco Benson

There's no way that the holster shown would have enough of a 2.5" barrelled revolver deep enough into the pants to be stable at all. It would be top-heavy and allow the revolver's butt to flop out loosely from one's side.

It might work with a 4-5" barrel, but not with a 2.5"

All that said, I've never found an IWB that I really like for revolvers.

Rosco
Old November 4, 2009, 06:12 PM   #5
AK103K

Quote:
There's no way that the holster shown would have enough of a 2.5" barrelled revolver deep enough into the pants to be stable at all. It would be top-heavy and allow the revolver's butt to flop out loosely from one's side.
They really dont show if the holster extends down or not, so its hard to tell. Looks like one holster covers 2"-4" guns, so it may well. I suppose if your interested, a call would be in order.

The problem with IWB and revolvers, or at least for me its a problem, is the cylinder at or below the belt line. Its just never been comfortable. That set up looks as though it would solve the issue, and offer a resonable way to carry the revolvers IWB.

At this point for me, I'll probably just keep thinking about it, as revolvers in general arent a serious consideration for a primary carry gun for me, and the J frames are back ups and not carried on the belt. Now a Smart Carry for a J frame does work very well, and is totally concealble, even in just a pair of shorts, even without a shirt. Extremely comfortable too.

Last edited by AK103K; November 4, 2009 at 06:19 PM.