The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 14, 2004, 04:56 PM   #1
michael t

Firestar

I was looking at a Star Firestar in 40 today. I know Star not around anymore,but Ive heard these are really nice little pistols . Iam just wondering about parts, springs,mags, ect. Worth the chance? Shop wants $300
Old June 15, 2004, 08:33 AM   #2
railroader

Wolff carries some springs, mags can be found but finding parts will probably be very tough. Mark
Old June 16, 2004, 03:14 PM   #3
norm143

had one in both 9mm and 40. Very nicely made, although a bit heavy. Accuracy wasn't too bad either. I really enjoyed them but parts are hard to get as Star is no longer in existence.
Old June 17, 2004, 06:39 PM   #4
Dakotan

I've had an M-43 Firestar for several years, and a Star BM for a LONG time. I've never actually needed parts for either, but did come across a place called "Bob's Gun Shop" http://www.gun-parts.com/index.html/ that has about the best supply of Star parts I've ever seen. Bought an extra firing pin for the BM anyway! Not cheap, but he'll likely have what you need.

FWIW!-Dakotan
Old June 17, 2004, 08:05 PM   #5
git_r_dun0405

Couldnt give me a FireStar.
Old June 17, 2004, 09:55 PM   #6
Eric Larsen

You sure could give me one....hell the last Firestar plus I had cost around 250$ and I miss that gun..........
They are nice guns, well made and very good CCW's but parts can be hard to find............thats the ONLY downer about them.
Shoot well.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old June 18, 2004, 07:53 AM   #7
Walt Sherrill

I'm with Eric.

I've had several, including the .40 mentioned above. Very nice gun. Accurate, compact. But HEAVY!! Not alloy, steel!

The only real problem with parts that I've heard about are extractors for the .40 model, so that is a matter of real concern. But, then, I've only heard of a few breaking or needing replacement.

I've still got a Firestar Plus, which has the alloy frame. Small, compact, accurate, and light. Not as light as Kel-Tec P-11, but not much bigger. And hi-caps can be found for it. (13 rounders.)

I'll probably sell mine, one of these days, as I don't think I've shot it in a year or two... (My Cz-75 Compact replaced it. The Firestar Plus replaced my Kel-Tec P-11.)