The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 16, 2005, 04:12 PM   #1
Impact of Reason

Burris XTS-135 Red Dot Scope?

Does anyone have any experience with the Burris XTS-135 red dot scope? From the website, they look nice. The $200 price tag is also a plus considering its more economical than say an Aimpoint. The website says that they are being released this month, so I havent been able to find any reviews on them yet since they just came out or havent quite come out yet (I'm not exactly sure). Does anybody know anything about these?
Those who believe in gun control think that we don't need guns to protect us against an oppressive government, because the Constitution has internal safeguards, and the government should ban and seize all guns, therefore violating the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments of that Constitution, thereby becoming an oppressive government.
Old May 22, 2005, 10:19 PM   #2
WeaponX

Impact,

I posted a previous thread asking the same question. I haven't gotten much in the way of information on the XTS-135. I got a lot of people in favor of Aimpoints, and the Trijicon tri-power, but like you, $200 is much more in my price range than a $400 aimpoint or $500 Trijicon. What are you mounting it on??

Good luck on information gathering.

Weapon X

Proud new owner of an SA mil-spec 1911-A1!!
Old May 22, 2005, 10:31 PM   #3
Impact of Reason

I was planning on mounting this in a Springfield Armory Socom 16. SA shows it on their website with an Aimpoint mounted on top, and it seems a lot of people put Aimpoints on their Socoms, but thats an extra $$$ I can't really afford. Burris is generally considered to be a good scope company, so the XTS-135 should do just fine(i hope), but I am one who prefers to read positive reviews on products before I invest my hard earned money into them. Anyway if you come across any helpful info let me know and I'll be sure to do likewise. My guess is just that very few people have any real experience with them since they are new on the market.
Those who believe in gun control think that we don't need guns to protect us against an oppressive government, because the Constitution has internal safeguards, and the government should ban and seize all guns, therefore violating the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments of that Constitution, thereby becoming an oppressive government.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:03 PM   #4
WeaponX

I just recieved the new 2005 Burris Optics catolog in the mail yesterday. I read all the information that they gave for the XTS. It's sounding pretty good. I'm with you, I've always held Burris to be an excellent optics manufacturer. They show it mounted on a couple flat top AR's, but not on a Socom. I'm plan on mounting it on my ArmaLite M15A2 SOF carbine. Burris says that it's designed to withstand recoil up to .50 cal. and sustained automatic fire. I agree, it's too new to have any solid reviews. I'll keep you posted on any new info.
Old May 25, 2005, 06:56 AM   #5
Bullshooter

At Midway...

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=664830
Old May 25, 2005, 09:31 AM   #6
Impact of Reason

thanks for the input WeaponX. may i ask how you go about getting on the mailing list for the burris catalog?
Old May 25, 2005, 05:39 PM   #7
WeaponX

If you get on Burris's website and surf it a little bit, they have an area that you can request a free catolog. It's pretty simple.
Old May 25, 2005, 09:10 PM   #8
Impact of Reason

alright will do. thanks.
Old July 15, 2005, 08:56 AM   #9
travelinguy

Buddy got a sightron red dot and really likes it. Never really thought about sightron until he started raving about it. Thinking about getting this one. LINK