The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 14, 2011, 12:02 PM   #26
nsigr

I can get the 500 smooth slug barrel here. I ve seen it and i liked the sights a lot.
I will start with the field barrel and maybe I will buy the slug barrel later
Old April 14, 2011, 03:20 PM   #27
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

I have one with the slug barrel, one with the IC choke and one with the IM choke. They all work good enough but I get groups just a bit tighter with the IM. Only choke not to use no matter what is the extra full and cylinder bore. The first is bad for the gun and the second is bad for accuracy.

I have the fiber optic hi viz sights on the slug barrel and on my semi auto smoothbore, Mossberg M9200 and I just love them for fast shooting.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--