The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 27, 2010, 02:20 AM   #1
JerryHN

Talk me out of a Benelli M4!!!

Ok, I'm about to blow $1600 on a Benelli M4. I don't mind spending money on a gun if I'm paying for an excellent product.

So I want to hear from actual owners of this shotgun. Is there any reason why the Benelli M4 is NOT a good buy (besides the price tag)? Have you had any functional problems with the gun?

Thanks in advance.
Old November 30, 2010, 05:56 PM   #2
hoffbill

Benelli

I bought a Supersport with 30" barrel about 4 yrs ago. It has the synthetic recoil reduction stock, is fitted to me, and I hunt everything from clays to geese with it just by changing chokes. From 1 oz loads to 3" mags, I have never had a malfunction and I go thur several cases a year. You will love the Benelli, it is relaiable, easy to clean as there is no carbon buildup as in gas guns, you just take it apart, wipe it off and put it together. Takes 5 minutes if your slow.
Old November 30, 2010, 06:04 PM   #3
TheGoldenState

I waited OVER a year for my Ben M-4 CAMO when they first came out.

sadly, ive yet to pop her che…..tube

My m-2 on the other hand gets used all the times, gets dirty, gets thrown around, gets fed everything and everything, and remains a CHAMP!

Benelli's are great guns!
Old November 30, 2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Cosmik de Bris

Quote:
You will love the Benelli, it is relaiable, easy to clean as there is no carbon buildup as in gas guns, you just take it apart, wipe it off and put it together. Takes 5 minutes if your slow.
The M4 is a gas gun.
Old December 1, 2010, 12:08 PM   #5
BigJimP

I have no need for a tactical shotgun ...so I don't own an M-4 ... The only Benelli's I own personally - are Super Sport models in 12ga and 20ga - and they're great guns / but they're inertia guns - not gas guns like the M-4.

But I have buddies that have them / and I've fired them quite a bit ....and seen them broken down, cleaned and reassembled a few times. They all like them a lot / and I don't see any downside to them. I think you get what you pay for in shotguns - and $ 1,700 for a good shotgun isn't out of line, in my view, for that gun.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:15 PM   #6
pck823

I bought a new M4 several months ago and have run over 100 problem-free rounds (slugs) through it. I won't try to talk you out of it, but I would recommend shopping a little more - I paid 1500.00 including tax, plus got the 200.00 rebate.

I can put a full tube's worth of slugs into 8" offhand from 50 yards-good enough for me.
Old December 6, 2010, 09:26 PM   #7
AC45ACP

There AWESOME!!!!
I've have owned 2 and this One I did the camo in Duracoat and I can
Hit a man sized target at 150 yard rapid fire standing and I ran a shot gun class and can Ghost load 9 slugs and fire all 9 slugs at a silhouette at 80 yards leaving all 9 empty shells in the air at the same time!!
If you need a Zombie Gun this is it and it will run 100% on cheap walmart
7.5- 8 shot all day long

www.defensiveimpact.com
Old December 7, 2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Lincoln_Arms

Go for it. Every time you open up the safe and get it out, it will be just like Christmas. I have owned several Benelli and Beretta Shotguns. They are great products and will serve you well.
Old December 10, 2010, 08:10 PM   #9
ethan95

Quote:
Talk me out of a Benelli M4!!!
Why in the world would you want someone to do that?
The m4 is a beautiful firearm, i say go for it.
Old December 11, 2010, 09:15 PM   #10
retiredcoasty

A friend owns one and loves it. I have shot it a few times and it is a nice shotgun.

If you can spare the cash, DO IT!
Old December 12, 2010, 03:51 PM   #11
JerryHN

Ok, you guys talked me into it! The reason I hestitate is because Ive heard of internal parts of the M4 breaking. I also heard how the civilian version of the M4 is built to a lower quality than the one used by the military.

Has anyone out there experienced a malfunction or break of any parts of the Benelli M4?

Thanks everyone!