The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 25, 2013, 02:19 PM   #1
XRockFan

Will never buy another Rock River Gun again!

Title: 2 FTF’s (Failure to fires) after 80 rounds.

For all you Rock River arms fans out there. Let’s just say I personally am an X RockFan! No, pun intended. Well, may this be a glimpse of insight for someone even thinking about buying a Rock River. First, I will start out by stating their customer service department is pathetic they only blame the consumer. Next, I will just say they say that it is doubtful that their guns could ever be the problem. After 2 fail to fires they stated to send in the gun and what they did was look it over, clean it again, and sent it back. (needless to say waste of time) After speaking with the dealer they stated it is the ammo.

So, let’s just say if I have a new truck and go to a different gas station and the truck does not start then it must be the gas. Please think about this for a moment. I don’t think so Tim. It is something wrong with the truck not the gas or operator. On a side note, our Honda Fit that we owned had unintended acceleration and Honda did the same thing to us. We love our new Saab.

The short and simple answer to this is that Rock River either makes a bad product or they are just saying they will not stand behind their bad products. Either way hopefully after reading this you will come to the same decision I did. Not to buy one.
Old January 25, 2013, 04:46 PM   #2
g.willikers

But it can be the gas.
And it can be the ammo.
No foolin', it really can be.
Did you try another brand of ammo?
Who owns Saab, now?
I had a bunch of them, going back to the three cylinder, two stroke. popcorn maker motors.
Old January 25, 2013, 04:59 PM   #3
sirdiealot

and actually 2 out of 80 sounds more like ammo probs then gun prob...was the primer dimpled. if so did you compare the dimple with the fired shells primer to see if dimple was same depth.

...Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.
Old January 25, 2013, 05:05 PM   #4
g.willikers

Doubtful that he'll ever be back.
He probably just wanted to rant and vent.
Bet this same thread is on a bunch of other forums.
Old January 25, 2013, 05:09 PM   #5
breakingcontact

Yikes. They are junk. Hey OP. Ill buy it off you for pennies on the dollar.
Old January 25, 2013, 05:24 PM   #6
LockedBreech

I had 5 double feeds the first week I owned my Daniel Defense, unquestionably one of the finest ARs on the market.

I was patient. I learned how to properly maintain, lubricate, and run my AR. Flawless ever since.

Give it more than 80 rounds.
Old January 25, 2013, 05:35 PM   #7
JerryM

We make a lot of excuses for the fact that 1911s are finicky with regards to mags and ammo. Other platforms do not have so much of a problem.

I think that if a 1911 will not be reliable with all standard factory ammo it is the gun's fault, and should be fixed or replaced by the dealer or the factory.

While I have several, and like 1911s they are more trouble to get reliable than the Glocks or Sigs in my safe. Those are usually reliable OTB, and that cannot be said for a very high percentage of commercial 1911s.
Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old January 25, 2013, 05:45 PM   #8
BGutzman

1911's in general do have ammo problems... I love the platform but its also a major reason I don't carry it.
Old January 25, 2013, 05:55 PM   #9
laytonj1

Quote:
We make a lot of excuses for the fact that 1911s are finicky with regards to mags and ammo
Quote:
1911's in general do have ammo problems...
Who said it was a 1911?
Rock River has not made a 1911 in many years, they do make an AR15 though.

Jim
Old January 25, 2013, 06:00 PM   #10
lcpiper

Shoulda been busted as a drive-by except perhaps for one reason. It's another chance to say the same old things to the folks that haven't heard them yet.

I was an old 1911 guy from Army days. A few years after retirment I bought a new 3" Kimber UC2 and I had trouble with it.

Now I am an "Old Army Guy", I know what I am doing right?

Yup, I forgot just how much we used to oil them up before range time, go figure

It could be several issues, and sometimes a manufacturer does release a lemon. A new design that has a less then desirable feature. A new guy on the factory floor, whatever.

Bad customer service, that is a different story, but it looks like they took it back, checked it out, said nothing was wrong. Human error is still a possibility. One post to vent on a drive-by will not help him much though.
Old January 25, 2013, 06:05 PM   #11
UtopiaTexasG19

I'll buy that piece of crap RRA from you. PM me.
Old January 25, 2013, 07:52 PM   #12
sirdiealot

lol and if he bought it before december will even give him what he paid for it

...Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.
Old January 25, 2013, 07:58 PM   #13
Hansam

I've got a RRA AR... I never knew it was crap. 20k+ rounds later I really NEVER knew it was a piece of crap.

Thanks XRockFan for enlightening me!

(Maybe the problem wasn't the tool but the user?)
Old January 25, 2013, 08:05 PM   #14
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

At the very least, this is the wrong forum. I don't see it going anywhere, anyway.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; January 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ar15 , complaint , problem , product review , rock river