The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old January 23, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1
tater134

Picked up two Steyr M95's

I picked up two M95's recently and thought I'd post some photos. Both rifles are in the original 8x50R caliber and are not import marked. The first rifle is a Polish issued M95 that was converted to a carbine configuration post-WW1 for use by the Polish army.

The second rifle is an Austrian M95 built in 1913. It has unit markings on the buttplate showing that it was issued to the 5th Dragoon regiment. It is missing the cocking piece and barrel band in the photos but I've recently obtained both parts and will be putting them on the rifle once they arrive.

Old January 24, 2013, 08:52 PM   #2
couillon

That's a great find. The original caliber is much easier to reload for than the 8x56r.
Old January 25, 2013, 12:23 AM   #3
tater134

Quote:
That's a great find. The original caliber is much easier to reload for than the 8x56r.
That's what I've heard. I've been looking for dies to start reloading for these carbines but I haven't been able to find any so far. Buffalo Arms did have some but they are out of stock.