The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 6, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Flapjack23

1st roung of sporting clays with new Citori

I shot my 1st round of sporting clays with my Citori White Lightning today. First time I ever shot sporting clays too, got 35 out of 50 birds! Shot a lot of 3's, 2 4's and a 6 on rabbits (3 doubles). A couple stations were really hard (a couple 1's). Got the shotgun for Christmas, this was my first time shooting it. I was used to a Nova, the Citori shoots a little higher. After a dozen wobble trap to figure the gun out, I was shooting good. I didnt know what to think about an O/U as this is the first I've shot, but I'm very happy with it. Short (26" barrels) reasonably light (compared to the Nova) and easy to maneuver. A great gun for the upland field, Grouse and Pheasant. I have a weekend of pheasant hunting (ranch) next weekend, hope to have good results posted in the hunt forum in a week.

No doubt I will shoot sporting clays again, a cigar, some friends, and 50 degrees on January in Michigan makes for a great day!
Old January 6, 2012, 10:28 PM   #2
M4BGRINGO

50* in January in Michigan? That has to be a very rare occurance.

I LOVE sporting clays, simply can not do them enough. I go to ranges that do 100 clays per round. They usually have two courses, easy and hard. I do both! 200+ shots a day, the ammo is heavy so I either have a wagon I pull along or we get a golf cart. I use a Browning 525, LOVE that gun!

Have fun!
Old January 7, 2012, 12:56 AM   #3
goldduster

Sporting clays

I know how you feel. I too had my first SC experience last weekend and had 39 (but had to fire 100 to get it; LOL). I was proud of my number for my first time.
Now I think I'm addicted.
Old January 7, 2012, 07:09 AM   #4
Rugerismisticness

Yeah the courses can be very deceptive. Theres the shooting portion of the course, and then there's the reading and understanding portion.
Old January 7, 2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Flapjack23

50 degrees was nuts. I am sure I will shoot sporting clays throughout the year. I hope to be in great shooting shape for next fall. Im sure I will become addicted to this too.