The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 11:03 PM   #26
cmw2212

Arguing on the internet is an exercise in futility.
Anything can be faked with enough time, correct?
So if you do come up with an IM showing I agreed to a deal it could be a fake also, right?
And you are right we had contact thru IM's and I have 3 emails you sent me, I would post them but they could be more fakes.
Following that line of thinking, you have given everyone your thoughts on this so why don't we stop wasting bandwidth on something that is over and done with.
The kimber is shipping to thepish tomorrow and nothing can change that at this point.
I spoke with him on the phone earlier as he was needlessly concerned about this transaction.
Old May 4, 2008, 11:06 PM   #27
DonR101395

I think we got the idea. Is it necessary for you guys to continue to drag out a disagreement in public that neither will ever believe the other's intentions?
Old May 5, 2008, 06:48 AM   #28
gorgon24

DonR101395 - my only (original) intent was to warn others. As I believe was the other person that was lead to believe he bought the firearm. And this isn't about intentions. Feel free to contact the other party that was told he also had purchased the firearm (1 of 3).

cmw2212 - Not sure how Bandwidth plays into it. Bandwidth or throughput is Not really an issue as it refers to the data rate of our associated network connections and / or interfaces.

I will give you one thing - You HAVE been a huge waste of time, energy and money. Which is where my frustration lays.
All this could have been avoided by answering of my MANY communication attempts. Instead of leaving me hanging. NOT Cool.
Every time you requested something (i.e. information, pictures, etc.) I responded as soon as I logged on.
Didn't I (and the other member you sold the Kimber to) as a TFL member deserve the same respect? Especially when you were breaking an agreement!

If you are reading this you have to ask yourself, "what does gorgon24 have to gain or lose?" Chances are I may cause some folks like (dave421 possibly) to never trade with me. But to warn others it was worth the risk. I am gaining Nothing. I just wanted to let the good, honest people here on TFL know that there are individuals who may Not do exactly as they indicate.

Maybe I am wrong. Call me old fashioned. I grew up on a hand shake and trusting a man at his word. But the world is a different place now. I for one refuse to be like the rest of the world. My word can still be trusted and I stand behind what 100%. Has America changed that much? Am I that far off base? Do you have to mislead, lie, cheat and do whatever it takes even on a friendly board of fellow enthusiast? No wonder the anti crowd is winning, at least they are sticking together. I am sorry ... Maybe I don't belong here.

If I have accomplished nothing else at least thepish can feel fairly confident (because of this exposure) he will indeed receive the Kimber. And others are warned of your trading practices.
Old May 5, 2008, 08:52 AM   #29
coachteet

Actually Gorgon24...

I PM'ed you twice on an offer of trade in the past 3 days, and I received no reply back. Is it possible you did not receive some PM's? (And if you did, please PM me back, even if the deal is off the table).
Old May 5, 2008, 08:57 AM   #30
gorgon24

Actually coachteet check your email ....

Thanks though. I appreciate your input.

You had turned down my trade or we would have got together a loooong time ago.

This is you ([email protected]) correct?
Old May 5, 2008, 09:38 AM   #31
coachteet

Brother I got nothing from you in that email.

I'm going to send another email address to you via PM, let's not bore these folks.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:19 AM   #32
gorgon24

Sent info as requested

check it coachteet
Old May 5, 2008, 02:15 PM   #33
thepish

cmw2212 is a great trader !!! fast responses , even available via phone whenever i call . Great guy btw.
Old May 5, 2008, 03:03 PM   #34
JohnKSa
Staff

Looks like we're down to "I said/he said" at this point so I think it's time for a lock.

Some words of advice.

1. When conducting transactions over the internet, PMs and emails are the only evidence you have of what was said and done. Deleting them before the transaction is complete and both parties are satisfied is not an ideal strategy, regardless of the reason.

2. It's a mistake to assume that everyone is adept at the skill of written communication. Messages regarding a transaction should be brief, to the point, and straightforward. Simple short sentences are good and one should not assume anything past what is actually plainly written.

3. In general, courtesy requires that a transaction be completed or clearly declined in a reasonable amount of time for the reasons cited on this thread.