The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 4, 2012, 12:54 PM   #1
rebs

primer pocket swager

Has anyone used this one from CH It says the steel is hardened, so I guess it won't bend like some have said the RCBS one does.

http://www.ch4d.com/?com=catalog&vie...t&alias=419000
Old June 4, 2012, 01:40 PM   #2
mikld

Loos like a ram prime with a couple extra swage punches. Good idea! I haven't used one, but then again, I've never seen/read reports on reloading forums of bending RCBS swagers either...

If I swaged primer pockets, I'd prolly choose this tool. But I haven't ever swaged primer pockets in 30 years of reloading so I have no need.
Old June 4, 2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Unclenick
Staff

RCBS claims to have improved theirs, probably in response to bend complaints. CH4D is a reputable company, and I wouldn't have any problem giving theirs a try if I were in the market.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old June 4, 2012, 07:27 PM   #4
dickttx

Looks like they have taken care of the problem that the RCBS has had with the case removal when you have a larger than normal ram diameter.
C-H stuff is REAL stout.
Old June 4, 2012, 08:41 PM   #5
rebs

Thanks for the replies, I am going to order a set. I am also going to order a primer arm from them since it is half the price as from RCBS. I am also going to order their collet bullet puller.

Quote:
If I swaged primer pockets, I'd prolly choose this tool. But I haven't ever swaged primer pockets in 30 years of reloading so I have no need.
Old June 6, 2012, 03:28 PM   #6
FWest

I have a CH4D and it works very well. All you need is the proper shell holder and a minute to adjust it properly.