The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 29, 2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Zen Archery

Freezing Temperature Boar

My friend Shawn invited me out at the last minute to hunt a new property. He checked the game cam. earlier that day and had a small sounder constantly come in.

Got there at 5 pm stayed til about 5:30 a.m. when our heater was just about to go out. We were gonna pack out. This boar, which had never been seen before, rolled on in at the last minute.

At 56 yards Shawn counted down. We shot almost simultaneously. Bacon made. My gosh it got cold but after shooting this hog it was all worth it!
Yes, mine was the head shot.
Old December 29, 2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Way to go fellers. In unison too. Don't get no better than that. Down for the count that Boar was. Head shot: nicely done Zen.(I presume) You know of course you younger fellers have better vision than us older dudes. But that's OK. We old guys can see quite well when it comes to gaff hooking a nice pork chop off that meat platter for our supper plate.
A bit curious yet? How much do you think this bruiser weighed? Congrats are due here. No doubt!! >Nice going Gents._
Old December 29, 2012, 01:30 PM   #3
robhof

robhof

Great shot and great score, I love the taste of wild pork, it's actually high in omega 3 and other beneficial oils. Used to hunt them in Fl. and get paid by contractors; they destroy new landscaping. So far there doesn't seem to be any in central Ky, so I have to settle for deer.
Old December 29, 2012, 05:12 PM   #4
PawPaw

Well done, and both of you using ARs. I thought those things were only ... how did they say it ... "high volume bullet hoses used for spray firing"? LOL!

Seriously, guys, good job. Now, go get a half-dozen more.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old December 30, 2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Zen Archery

Paw Paw being funny... hahahha...
Old January 2, 2013, 10:11 AM   #6
shortwave

Quote:
You know of course you younger fellers have better vision than us older dudes. But that's OK. We old guys can see quite well when it comes to gaff hooking a nice pork chop off that meat platter for our supper plate.
S.S., my eyes are getting so bad the last time I tried that... the gaff hook stuck in the table.

Great shooting Zen.

What is the temp. there?

Last edited by shortwave; January 3, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old January 3, 2013, 03:59 PM   #7
1tfl

Good times!!!

I went scouting around a hammock today and had to wear shorts... it was 81 when I left and 83 when I got back.